Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Oct 07, 2020, 10:14 am
Good news! Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) is inviting applicants for their Tertiary Education Sponsorship Programme (TESP) for the year 2020. Here is literally everything you need to know about this scholarship/loan:
Application for TESP 2020 must be made online thru MARA Portal via: www.mara.gov.my starting from 27 August 2020 (Thursday) 10.00 am until 13 November 2020 (Friday) 4.00 pm.
It’s important that you must meet the general requirements and academic requirements because if you are caught giving false information, MARA reserves the right to terminate or withdraw the loan offer.
• Applicant and either one parents is Bumipuera.
• Meet the family Sosio Economy Status (SES) eligibility requirements set by MARA.
• Parents total taxable income is not more than RM180,000 a year. If parents are self-employed or work at oversea, their average gross income must be less than RM15,000 per month
• Parents/Guardians and applicant are not blacklisted by MARA.
• Applicant do not receive any financial support/sponsorship from any agency for current study programme (double sponsor).
• Sponsorship is not given to applicant taking same programme level.
• Free from any chronic/ contagious disease/ disease that require follow-up treatment.
• Applicant age limit should not exceed 40 years old at the time of application.
For new students:
• Obtain CGPA > 3.0 in Asasi/ Matriculation/ Persediaan/ STPM and equivalent.
• Obtain CGPA > 3.0 in previous semester; AND
• Their balance study is not less than a year.
• Pass SPM with credit Bahasa Melayu.
• Academic requirement for medicine, dentistry and pharmacy programme must be meet the criteria set by professional board.
1. What is the Tertiary Education Programme (TESP 2020)?
The Tertiary Education Programme is a form of convertible loan under Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) for STPM 2019 leavers and Matriculation/Foundation/Diploma (or equivalent) 2019 holders who have received an offer to pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at a selected higher education institution for the year 2020 intake. Students who are currently enrolled may also apply.
2. What are the eligibility criteria set by MARA?
The eligibility criteria of this programme can be referred to in the application guidelines uploaded in MARA official portal.
3. Where can I find the list of the selected fields and higher education institutions approved by MARA for this programme?
The list of the selected fields and higher education institutions can be found in MARA official portal.
4. I am currently enrolled in a Diploma programme. Am I eligible to apply?
No. This programme is only offered to students who are currently enrolled in a first degree programme or those who have completed their STPM/Matriculation/Foundation/Diploma 2019 (or equivalent) programme.
5. I am currently a second year student in a bachelor’s degree programme at a local IPT. Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply for this programme if you are currently enrolled in a local IPT in a field listed and approved by MARA.
6. Is TESP 2020 a scholarship programme offered by MARA?
The programme offers a convertible loan and students are encouraged to apply for a reduction of repayment after graduation. In addition, the loan is not subject to any interest rate.
7. How do I apply for the TESP 2020 Programme?
Application can be made online via MARA official portal http://www.mara.gov.my when the application is opened. Applicants must first register and are also advised to read and understand the guidelines provided prior to making the application.
8. When will the application of TESP 2020 be opened?
The application is open from 27th August 2020 until 13th November 2020.
9. Can I apply for the TESP 2020 if any of my parents have been blacklisted by MARA?
No. The applicant as well as the mother, father, guardian(s) and guarantors need to be free from MARA blacklist. Applicants are advised to check their blacklist status at MARA Credit Control Division before applying for TESP 2020.
10. I completed my foundation study with a CGPA of 3.0 in 2018. Can I apply?
No. The application is only opened to students who completed their study in 2019.
11. Do I need to send any documents after making an online application?
No. The document(s) will be requested by MARA (if needed) after the online application is completed by the applicant.
12. When can I check the result of my application?
Successful applicants will be informed through e-mail.
13. How do I contact MARA if I have any further questions?
For further enquiries and information, please contact the following:
Telephone: 03-2613 2051/2059/2067/2069/2070/2106
E-mail : [email protected]
A. PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES
B. GOVERNMENT LINKED UNIVERSITIES (GLU)
C. PRIVATE HIGHER LEARNING INSTITUTIONS
While you’re here, check out these scholarship articles!
Afterschool.my is Malaysia’s no 1 higher education website that provides helpful information on courses, institutions and scholarships for students transitioning from secondary school to university level.