Undoubtedly the most popular student loan nationwide, The National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN) was established under the National Higher Education Fund Act 1997 (Act 566). PTPTN’s objective is to ensure that no student should be denied access to higher education because of financial reasons.
Click here for the PTPTN Guide 2020
- You are a Malaysian citizen
- You are aged 45 years and below
- You must already have an offer to study at an institution of higher learning (both public and private institutions, including colleges, universities and polytechnics, are accepted)
- The course that you are pursuing is approved and accredited by MQA
- The remaining period of your study must not be less than one year
- You have no other sponsors
- You must have an SSPN-i savings account before sending in your application
PTPTN base their amount given, on which category you fall under, whether its A, B or C.
So most of you may know ask, “I understood all that, but what do you mean by maximum amount?”. Well, good question keen observer. The maximum amount is dependent on what type of course you study and what type of university you study that in. For example, Student No.1 studying Pharmacy at an IPTS would have a different maximum amount compared to Student No.2 studying Education at an IPTA. Here is the list of the maximum amount based on the course and type of university.
For full-time studies:
For part-time studies:
How to Apply
To apply to PTPTN, just follow these 5 Simple steps (PTPTN Is currently open. Click here to view the deadlines for respective IPTA & IPTS)
- Open an SSPN-i account — you can do this at any PTPTN counters, or at Maybank, Bank Islam, BSN, CIMB Bank, Agrobank or Bank Rakyat.
- Open a savings account at a panel bank — you will need to open a savings account with a specific bank based on your choice of institution (IPTS panel banks; IPTA panel banks)
- Buy a PTPTN number from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) — this will cost you RM5 and is valid for 6 months
- Head to PTPTN’s website to apply online: http://www.ptptn.gov.my/gateway
- Complete the application form carefully based on the instructions
Tel: 03-2098 3731/3732
Email: [email protected]
PERBADANAN TABUNG PENDIDIKAN TINGGI NASIONAL
Lot G2, Tingkat Bawah,
Wisma Chase Perdana,
Off Jalan Semantan,
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
MARA Study Loan Programmes or Skim Pinjaman Pelajaran (SPiP) were introduced in 1966 when Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) was formed. Students have to apply to the respective institutions before applying for the loan.
- SPiP Program Khas (Special Programme)
For excellent SPM leavers who wish to take pre-university courses such as (but not limited to) ADFP, A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) and Australia Matriculation (AUSMAT).
- SPiP Pinjaman Terbuka (Open Loan)
This loan is typically given to qualified Bumiputera students to continue their studies in Institut Pengajian MARA (IPMa) and local private Higher Education Institutions (IPTS).
- General requirements require that you are a Malaysian citizen with bumiputera status and acquired at least credits in Bahasa Melayu at SPM/SPMV level.
- Never been sponsored by any scholarship bodies at the same education level.
- Institutions of higher learning are recognized by Malaysian Government or private institutions of higher learning are recognized by Private Education Division, Ministry of Education.
- Currently undergoing/enrolled in courses that are of great importance to MARA.
- The socio-economic status of the family where the annual taxable joint income of the parents or spouses must not exceed RM80,000.
The loan covers tuition fees and allowance while also depending on the student’s financial background.
How to apply?
21, Jalan Raja Laut,
50609 Kuala Lumpur.
Koperasi Jayadiri Malaysia Berhad or KOJADI was established in 1981 where its objective is to extend an effective student loan facility to enable students in need to pursue higher education and to shape students into well-trained manpower to meet the demand for skilled human resources in the country. Presently, KOJADI has a total 13 loan schemes under its loan programme to cater for a wide spectrum of education courses ranging from vocational and technical to undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme For Students of Foundation Programmes
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for MINOR
- KOJADI Higher Education Loan Scheme
- KOJADI Special Education Loan Scheme
- KOJADI Vocational Education Loan Scheme
- KOJADI Institute Education Loan Scheme
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for TARC Graduates
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Local University Studies
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Foreign University Studies
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Independent Secondary School Certificate Holders
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Early Childhood Education
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
How to Apply
Step 1: Application for membership
Step 2: Requisite Payment Required
Step 3: Submission of Legal Documents
Tel: 03-21616499 (Membership and Loan Department)
Email: [email protected]
Koperasi Jayadiri Malaysia Berhad (KOJADI)
11th Floor, Wisma MCA,163,
Jalan Ampang,50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Maju Institute of Education Development (MIED)
MiED offers Study loans to needy students who are continuing and pursuing their tertiary education in any recognised:-
a. Public Higher Education Institution (IPTA)
b. Private Higher Education Institution (IPTS)
c. Overseas / Foreign Universities recognised by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA).
- Be a Malaysian Citizen.
- Have a good academic record and preferably active in extracurricular activities.
- Have gained admission into a recognized Institution for an Approved Course.
- Must be full-time student.
- Students from public and local private institutions must apply for PTPTN loan first
- Applicants who met the socio-economic status of the family will also be taken into account.
- Preference will be given to students who have obtained admissions into TAFE COLLEGE, Seremban and AIMST University, Kedah.
- The MiED study loan will only cover, part of tuition fees which will be paid directly to the institutions.
- The loan approved is only for the current year of application
How to apply
- Please fill up the application form online.
- Download and print the completed form
- Duly completed Study Loan Application and Study Loan Checklist Forms with all the required documents must be returned to the address stated below:
Maju Institute of Educational Development (MiED )
1st Floor, Menara Manickavasagam,
No.1, Jalan Rahmat,
50350 Kuala Lumpur
MiED requires two guarantors. The guarantors should be:
- Malaysian citizens.
- Basic salary more than RM1,000.00 per month.
- Must be below the age of fifty years from the date of application.
- Not “blacklisted” or declared as “bankrupt”.
- Guarantors required to submit NRIC copy, latest 2 months payslips or certified bank statement (if self-employed) or BE form.
- Only one of the guarantors can be a family member
Tel: 03-40452689 / 03-40503107
Maju Institute of Education Development (MIED),
1st Floor, Menara Manickavasagam,
No. 1, Jalan Rahmat,
50350 Kuala Lumpur
Yayasan Bank Rakyat's Pinjam Pendidikan Boleh Ubah (PPBU)
PPBU is offered to students pursuing tertiary level education from Skills Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Professional, Master’s Degree, and Doctorate (PhD). Its aim is to aid the social and economic development of Malaysians by enabling bright but needy students to receive undergraduate education at local Public OR Private Higher Learning Institutions and Training Institutes in the country on a full-time basis.
- Malaysian citizen
- NOT less than 18 years old during application and acceptance of the study offer.
- NOT exceeding 30 years old upon graduation for Malaysia Skills Certificate, Diploma and Bachelors Degree.
- NOT exceeding 45 years upon graduation for Masters Degree.
- NOT exceeding 50 years upon graduation for Doctorate & PhD.
- Confirmation of admission from the public OR private University OR Training Centre.
- Applicants must have/create a savings account with Bank Rakyat with a minimum of RM100 account balance.
- Only fields of studies which are recognized by the Public Services Department (JPA) / Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) / Malaysian Vocational Training Council (NVTC) / Government Agencies (Malaysia) concerned and acknowledged by the Board of Trustees of YBR.
- for Doctorate / PhD the qualified applicants must hold a Masters Degree qualification with CGPA of 3.00 and above OR a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of 3.75 and above.
- for Masters Degree, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- for Degree, applicants must hold a Diploma OR STPM (Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia) with CGPA 3.0 and above OR – STAM equivalent to STPM OR Matriculation with at least CGPA 3.00 and above
- for Diploma, the applicant must have SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) qualification with a minimum grade of 5A & 4B (No grades below C)
- For Skills Diploma (Diploma Kemahiran), applicants should have attained or currently holding Level 2 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) qualification.
- For Skills Certificate (Sijil Kemahiran), applicants should have passed SPM, with a mandatory pass in Bahasa Malaysia and at least 2 credits in any other subjects.
- PhD: Up to RM55,800 (3 years)
- Masters: Maximum of RM12,000 annually
- Bachelor’s Degree: Maximum of RM9,500 annually (Only RM6,500 for UiTM)
- Diploma: Maximum of RM7,500 annually (UiTM & Politeknik only RM5,000)
- Skills Diploma: Up to RM30,000 (3 years).
- Skills Certificate: Up to RM30,000 (2 years).
How to Apply
- Step 1: All applications must be made online at yayasanbankrakyat.com.my
- Step 2: Before making application, the applicant is required to get an offer of admission to an IPTA/IPTS
- Step 3: Applicants are required to REGISTER an account on the YBR website to fill-out the application form.
- Step 4: After filling out the E-Form, applicants are required to print the document for personal reference.
- Step 5: After the closing date of the application, applicants are required to answer a general knowledge quiz.
- Step 6: All successful PPBU applicants will be announced on YBR’s official website and the offer letters will be posted.
Please click here for the PPBU 2020 Guide
Yayasan Bank Rakyat, 8th Floor, Tower 1, Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat,
No.33, Jalan Rakyat, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603 2612 9600
E-mail: [email protected]
Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia
Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) is a ‘top up’ based scheme for the funds or scholarships that are readily in the market that will benefit Malaysian students. This scheme is designed as an additional financial aid for students that are qualified to pursue their studies for Bachelors’ Degree or Master’s Degree in high quality universities locally. A collaboration between Maybank and Yayasan Peneraju, the SPP1M is an education financing package that must be paid back based on the agreed upon interest rate.
- Malaysian Student, age 18 to 35 years old.
- Students in the second semester onwards with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- Full-time student.
- University and programme/course as approved by Yayasan Peneraju.
- Tuition fee for the previous semester has been paid in full.
Maximum up to RM200,000
How to Apply
Download the following:
Send your application form with certified true copies of supporting documents (as per SPP1M checklist) to your nearest Maybank branches. It is recommended that you submit your application directly to Maybank Tower, Jalan Tun Perak, Kuala Lumpur (Level 20).
Applicants will be notified by the bank within 2.5 months from the date application received.
Please click here for the SPP1M 2020 Guide
When Do I Apply for PTPTN
PTPTN Loan - A Complete Guide
PPBU vs PTPTN : Which One is Better?
Foundation Programmes in IPTS Eligible for PTPTN Loan
Can You Apply for PTPTN If You’re in a Twinning Programme?
Twinning Programmes and PTPTN
How to Check How Much You Will Receive From PTPTN in Two Steps
PTPTN 2020 Deadlines for Every Course and Every Institution Released
How to Qualify for a PTPTN Loan Repayment Exemption
Deadlines for PTPTN Online Applications at Every UA & IPTS for Every Course
How To Use The New PTPTN Direct Debit System & List Of Associated Banks
8 Questions about Repaying Your PTPTN Loan
How Much Loan Does PTPTN offer?
How to Check How Much You Owe PTPTN