INTEC as Professional Accountancy Centre: Where the Journey Begin
Published by Afterschool.my on Oct 08, 2020, 03:22 pm
According to Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) CEO, Dr Nurmazilah Mahzan in March 2018 Malaysia edition of Accounting and Business magazine, there are currently just over 33,000 members registered with MIA. This number is relatively low compared to 60,000 professional accountants targeted by the government, to ensure that Malaysia will become a developed nation by 2020.
Many initiatives have been taken by the government to achieve the target of 60,000 accountants by 2020. Thus, INTEC had taken the opportunity to offer professional accounting programmes such as CAT, ACCA, CFAB and ICAEW and MICPA. Within two years of its establishment, INTEC has received Platinum Status for Approved Learning Partner by ACCA and is currently the record keeper of the institution that produces world-class achievers!
- Began as the Centre of Professional Accountancy under the INTEC Education College, Section 17 Shah Alam
- INTEC Education College (UiTM Private Education Sdn Bhd) is registered as private entity under UiTM Holdings
- Launched by Minister of Higher Education on 9th June 2015
- Obtained MQA Provisional Accreditation for CAT Qualification
- 1st place in the world for CAT Maintaining Financial Records paper
- Awarded with 2 start BPP Premier Provider in Asia
- CAT results with overall 29.9% ABOVE the world passing rate
- CIMA Approved Learning Partner
- Recognized as Biggest Leap Award 2016 from Yayasan Peneraju Bumiputera
- Awarded with Gold status for Approved Learning Partner by ACCA
- Received MQA Full Accreditation for CIMA, CAT and ACCA
- 5 Prize Winners received 1st place in the world for CAT Recording Financial transactions, Management Information, Maintaining Financial Records, Maintaining Cost and Finance paper
- ICAEW Partner in Learning
- Passing rates ABOVE the world average for June & September 2017 examination
- Strategic partner with MYPAC, BPP, YPPB, PNB
- Received Platinum status Approved Learning Partner from ACCA
- Awarded with BPP 3-star Premier Plus Partner by BPP Professional Education
- 8 Prize Winners awarded 1st place in the world for CAT Foundation in Financial Management, Management Information, Recording Financial Transactions, Maintaining Financial Records, Maintaining Cost and Finance and ACCA Financial Reporting paper.
- Produced 22 Prize Winners from CAT, 10 from ACCA, 3 from CFAB
- 9 Prize Winners awarded 1st place in world for CAT Foundations in Financial Management, Management Information, Maintaining Financial Record, Maintaining Cost and Finance, and ACCA for Financial Reporting paper.
- Successfully ranked in 1st place overall for Accounting and Assurance paper in CFAB
- Awarded as Tuition Solutions 3-Star Premier Plus Provider from BPP
- Obtained MQA Provisional Accreditation for ACCA (ICAEW Professional Level)
- Passing rate ABOVE the world average for ACCA December 2018 examination
- Produced 6 prize winners from CAT and 7 from ACCA
- A student obtained 3rd place in the world for Financial Reporting for September 2019 examination
- A student obtained 7th place in the world for Financial Management for September 2019 examination
- A student obtained 8th place in the world for Performance Management for September 2019 examination
- Produced Malaysia no.3 ACCA Top Affiliate
- Obtained MQA Full Accreditation for CFAB
To find out more scholarships and courses, click here and here.
Afterschool.my is Malaysia’s no 1 higher education website that provides helpful information on courses, institutions and scholarships for students transitioning from secondary school to university level.