Before Applying to INTEC Education College
Why Study at INTEC
- Pioneer for preparatory programmes
- Established in 1982, as a preparatory centre by MARA University of Technology (UiTM), INTEC Education College enjoys a reputation for producing well-rounded graduates and outstanding professionals
- Affordable fees
- One of the lowest in the private education industry. Fees inclusive of tuition, registration, books, examinations and other services starting from RM10,000 depending on programmes.
- Experienced Lecturers
- Our lecturers have years of experience and majority of them have Post Graduate qualifications.
- Holistic Curriculum
- Holistic and well-structured curriculum integrating academic, soft skills and spiritual elements. You will be guided to be mentally, physically and spiritually prepared for future challenges.
- Good learning facilities
- Learning is an enjoyable experience here with air-conditioned classrooms, well-equipped laboratory, video conference facilities (for teaching, learning and overseas interviews) and student centre.
- Overseas and Local Placement University
- Supportive and experienced university placement services assisting you with placement application to universities both locally and internationally.
- Outstanding achievement
- 97% passed AS exam & A-Level German
Internal Scholarships Provided by INTEC
Currently, INTEC does not offer any scholarship but instead offer attractive discounts and rebate, ranging from Academic Excellence Rebate, Top Scorer Discount to Early Payment Rebate
However, to those who are interested in applying external sponsorship, INTEC provides consultation on which sponsorship that they can apply such as Yayasan Terengganu, MARA, JPA, PTPTN, and others.
What You Should Know About INTEC Education College
Cemara, Akasia, and Cendana residential college are located at Section 18 and Section 6, Shah Alam. The residential colleges provide living quarter's facilities to accommodate up to 2500 students. They are strategically located nearby Mydin Supermarket, Ole-ole Mall, bank branches and a host of convenience stores and a park. There is no shortage of amenities and plenty of banks, cafes and restaurants are also within walking distance. Other than catered buses by INTEC, students also have easy access to the readily available public transportations in the area.
Cemara and Akasia residential college consist of 19 apartment blocks and a dining hall. Each apartment houses 4 to 5 students. Male students are placed in Cemara and Cendana while female students in Akasia. The facilities provided include the following:
- Meeting rooms
- Study rooms
- Recreational and multimedia rooms
- Surau (Muslim prayer rooms)
- A multi-purpose hall
- Hot and cold water dispensers
- Vending machines
- Laundry facilities
- TV room
- Guest apartments
- Transport from the college to and from classes
Sports facilities available include:
- Volleyball courts
- Badminton courts
- Basketball courts
- Futsal courts
One of the famous Shah Alam landmarks on Section 7, the former INTEKMA Resort & Convention Centre has been refurbished as INTEC’s student residential college in order to cater to student’s accommodation needs. The hotel-feel like rooms are housed in 5-story blocks surrounded by lush natural greenery, making them a very comfortable place to live. Each unit can comfortably accommodate up to 8 residents in twin-sharing rooms and is also provided with modern amenities; all tastefully furnished with beds, mattresses, wardrobes, study tables and chairs, dining table, air-conditioner, and fan to ensure home-away-from-home comfort.
INTEC provide buses to and from student residential college daily for easy access to campus. With Section 17 Bus Terminal situated nearby, INTEC is easily accessible via other modes of public transport such as buses, taxis, KTM (Padang Jawa Station) and Grab service
Parking spaces are readily available within the campus.
Things to Do Around the Campus
Located in the city of Shah Alam, there is no shortage of amenities. Many banks, cafes and restaurants are within walking distance of residential college in Section 18. Besides that, it is located within short driving distance from major shopping malls such as AEON Shah Alam, Empire Subang Jaya and Subang Parade as well as i-City, which hosts many youth events
INTEC Education College has 24-hour surveillance and a gated area. Visitor information is recorded and monitored for the safety of the students.
Education at INTEC Education College
Most Popular Courses
Professional Accountancy Programme ACCA & CAT, Pre-U programmes A-Levels, ADTP and Diploma programmes
Affiliated Organisations & Job Opportunities
INTEC Education College has established relationships with the following organisations and universities:
- Australian Technology Network of Universities
- RMIT University
- University of Cambridge
- Lakehead University
- SACE Board South Australia
- Curtin University
- IELTS Official Test Center
- University of Melbourne
- British Council
- ETS, TOEFL
- Brooke House College England
- Group of Eight Australia
- Cork Institute of Technology
- University of Queensland
For our ACCA students, we organise interview sessions for the students with well known accounting firms during their final semester to assist them securing employment after graduation
General Education Subjects (MPU)
The compulsory MPU subjects differ between programmes. These are some of the subjects for students at INTEC:
- Malaysian Studies
- Introduction to Theology & Philosophy
- Fundamentals of Critical Thinking
- Ethnic Relations
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamentals of Islam (Muslim) / Moral and Ethics Studies (Non-Muslim)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Student Development (Leadership)
Our graduation ceremonies are held twice a year. The graduation fee is inclusive in the services fee which includes academic transcript and certificate, graduation robe and two complimentary tickets for the graduation ceremony.
Intensive Bridging Programme (IBP)
This Intensive Bridging Programme is particularly designed for post-SPM / school leavers preparing to enter preparatory level. The programme is intended to limit the gap between high school and tertiary education with the aim to enhance students’ skills in communication and reasoning. Students may also explore their own interests and abilities, and discover the pathway to reach their own dreams and goals for their future.Special Features:
- Enhances students’ knowledge and sharpen their interpersonal skills.
- Provides assistance in strengthening curricular foundation before entering preparatory programme.
- Increases chances in succeeding tertiary education by improving literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Explores and discovers students interest.
- Fills in free time with quality activities.
- Develops interest in continuing studies via fun learning environment.
- Affordable Fees – inclusive of accommodations.
- Located at the heart of Selangor; Shah Alam.
This programme is only 3 months long and costs RM3,000. Intake opens in January and September.
i-Speak Programme (Foreign Language Class) Short Course
The I-Speak Programme exposes students to beginner level linguistics of choice and will teach necessary information of foreign writing formats and by the end of the course - the ability of listening and comprehending daily life situations. Students will also have continuous interactivity and communication with fellow learners and speakers through everyday foreign communication to add to the standard of fluency.Language available : Japanese, Korean, Arabic, French & German.Level : Beginner / Intermediate / Advance
This programme is only 3 months long and costs RM900. Intake opens in January and July.