Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Feb 06, 2018, 07:44 am
With news filtering through that one of the biggest scholarships of the year, the Yang di-Pertuan Scholarship 2018 opens on February 6, 2018 at 5.00pm, students everywhere having been asking numerous questions. What are the requirements? What universities are involved. Well, this article hopes to solve all of this and more, so read on!
1. The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Application Form (BYDPA) 2018/2019 must be filled online (on-line), downloaded, printed and sent by hand or by post to the address as prescribed.
2. The applicant may submit an on-line application from 5.00 pm,5 February 2018 until the closing date of on-line application and deadline for submitting the application form on March 2, 2018.
3. The applicant is only allowed to send one (1) application only.
4. The applicant is required to submit the Study Proposal Paper (Research Proposal) in Bahasa Malaysia for study in the country or English for study abroad. Backup writing guide research / studies are as in APPENDIX D1 (Found at the bottom of this page).
5. Applicants are required to send copies of documents / certificates that have been validated when filing an application. Original documents / certificates are required to be brought along while attending the interview.
6. All applications will be processed after the application closing date. Only only shortlisted applicants to be called for attend an interview session. Successful listing of shortlisted applicants can be checked on the portal http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/starting March 26, 2018.
7. For applicants comprising public service personnel, applicants shall fill in the additional form of JPA (L) LDP 1A / 96 (Pin.1 / 2003) with confirmation of LNPT marks for 2015, 2016 and 2017 or 2014, 2015 and 2016 by Head of Department (Appendix C).
8. All applicants including parents of applicants are not blacklisted by the PSD and not infringe on any agreements with the Government.
9. No appeal will be processed if the applicant fails to be shortlisted.
1. Any inquiries regarding the BYDPA Program application may be made by calling the In - Service Management Unit at line 03-8885 3546/3053/3571 on working days from 8.30 am until 5.30 pm or email at [email protected]
2. Deadline for on-line application at http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/ and date the final filing of the application form is March 2, 2018.
3. The applicant may check the outcome of the interview call at 26 March 2018 on http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/ . For successful applicants, an official letter will be provided for interview call backs, which must be printed and brought along for the succeeding interview.
a) Has excellent academic results of CGPA 3.75 or first class or equivalent;
b) Candidates who are active in co-curricular activities or community activities or create creative and innovative work will be providedprivilege;
c) Proficient candidates in more than one international language will privileged;
d) Has obtained a place or has been offered an offer of study full time in Science and Technology, Economics, Law or Islamic Finance at a local research university such as Appendix B1 or at world-renowned universities based on Times Higher Education (THE), QS World University Ranking, Academic Ranking World Universities (ARWU), Barron's Profiles Of American Colleges or any other other prestigious universities that are approved by the PSD as in Appendix B2;
e) The list of courses under the Science and Technology field is as in Appendix B3; and
f) Master's degree studies are modest in research only which requires the preparation of research papers or dissertations or theses.
Click here to view Lampiran A
Click here to view Lampiran B
Click here to view Lampiran C
Click here to view Lampiran D
Click here to view the scholarship application page.