Shell awards bursaries and scholarships, worth RM11 million, to outstanding students
Published by Afterschool.my on Jun 16, 2011, 03:47 pm
- 400 bursaries and 100 scholarships, worth RM11 million, from Shell Malaysia will be given out to young talented Malaysian students this year.
- Shell Educational Excellence Awards (SEEA) has also added a new scholarship category for physically disabled students this year.
- These bursaries and scholarships of the SEEA will enable students to pursue their pre-university or first-degree courses at recognised local and overseas institutions.
- SEEA is aimed at attracting and retaining human capital within the country alongside the government to increase the competitiveness of Malaysia internationally.
- So far, Shell has invested close to RM140 million on the SEEA to enable more than 2,000 young Malaysians to realise their full academic capabilites in the past 40 years.