Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Dec 13, 2015, 03:45 pm
Universiti Malaya (UM) invites qualified Malaysians to apply for its Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme via the BMAT (UMalaya) for September 2016 intake.
Promotional still from Grey's Anatomy
15th December 2015 - 6th January 2016
1. Must be a Malaysian citizen.
2. Open for SPM leavers year 2013 and beyond, STPM leavers, Foundation of Science or Matriculation students and O-levels students.
3. Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with minimum credits in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah.
4. Must have attained a minimum of Band 3 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) organized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia.
5. Candidates who are interested to join will sit for BioMedical Admission Test (BMAT) (UMalaya). The BMAT test will be held on 13th February 2016 (Saturday) at a soon-to-be announced venue.
The minimum academic requirements to sit for BMAT at UMalaya (subject to the Senate's approval) are:
Pass with at least Grade A- (CGPA 3.67) in the following three (3) subjects at Matriculation/its equivalent level:
Pass with at least Grade A- (CGPA 3.67) in the following three (3) subjects at STPM level:
Pass with at least credit in the three (3) following subjects at SPM or its equivalent level:
Pass with Grade A- (CGPA 3.67) in the subjects concerned at STPM/Matriculation level may be considered as a substitute to the credit in the same subjects at SPM level;
Online application for the BMAT test which will be followed by enrollment into the MBBS programme at Universiti Malaya will begin on 15th December 2015 at 12.00 p.m. Click here to apply now.
Only candidates who pass the programme's terms and conditions as stated in the Universiti Malaya's official website will be called for an interview session to join the MBBS program.
Candidates will be informed of the status of their application for the BMAT (UMalaya) test via SMS. Shortlisted candidates will expect to pay a fee of RM100.
Payment can be made through Courier Post or Bank Draft with the name of BENDAHARI, UNIVERSITI MALAYA and be posted to Ketua Penolong Pendaftar, Pejabat Dekan, Fakulti Perubatan, Universiti Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur.
The total fees for 5 years of MBBS studies in Universiti Malaya, equivalent to 10 semesters is between RM13,000 to RM14,000 for local students.
This fee offered by UM is lower compared to IPTS, as tuition fees in private institutions cost up to RM12,000 to RM20,000 per semester.
Dean's Office(Faculty of Medicine)Tel: 03-79674941/03-79492106
(Faculty of Medicine)Tel: 03-79675739/5748