Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
completion of the programme, students will be able:
(1) To demonstrate knowledge in major areas of Chinese studies, such as
language and linguistics, literature, philosophy, history, culture and
society in proper perspective.
(2) To conduct research with a wide range of research methods and skills in
various application domains.
(3) To justify the trends, changes and interaction of societal issues in
relevance with Chinese Studies in Malaysia and abroad.
(4) To engage in research activities with recognition of ethics and social
(5) To communicate and work effectively with peers or members of
(6) To identify and solve problems with flexible skills in line with
national and international practices.
(7) To maintain lifelong learning in Chinese Studies in accordance with the
rapid changing world.
(8) To apply management or entrepreneur knowledge or experience in
Mode of Studies: Mixed mode
Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor’s
Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
(2) a Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
(3) a Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
(4) Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
Have Questions About
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Sungai Long?