The Department of Aerospace Engineering was founded in 1996 to support the development of national aerospace industries as proclaimed in the National Blueprint for the Development of the Aerospace Industry in Malaysia. For these reasons, the Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering was introduced that year which emphasis on aeronautics, and astronautics engineering courses
Aerospace Engineering evolves from 2 disciplines; there are Aeronautics Engineering and Astronautics Engineering. Each discipline has its own terminology which is:
- Aeronautics Engineering – part of knowledge and application related to aerodynamics, aerospace material, structure, propulsion, flight mechanics, aircraft stability and control.
- Astronautics Engineering – part of knowledge and application related to orbit mechanics, space environments, estimation and control of height, telecommunications, aerospace structure, and rocket propulsions.
Since its establishment, the department has moved forward consistent with its role to promote and develop the aerospace industry. Now, Masters and PhD program also being introduce in-line with its initial proposal. In the mean time, there are a lot of researches and publication has been published to increase the level of our nation aerospace achievement. Collaboration with some company as a consultant was made to develop better relationship between university and others company in research program. These prove that Department of Aerospace Engineering already reach into a higher level and also has the capability to deal with various groups in order to enhance nation aerospace industries. Admission Requirements
- A minimum C Grade at GCE Ordinary (O) level in any two (2) subjects chosen from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Additional Mathematics.
- Credits at GCE Advanced (A) level in:
- Mathematics/Additional Mathematics
- One (1) Science subject
- Two (2) other subjects