Japan Welcomes Applications for their Young Leaders’ Program (YLP), and Everything You Need to Know to Apply
Published by Afterschool.my on Nov 06, 2020, 02:20 pm
Good news to postgraduate students! The Embassy of Japan is opening their application for the Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) until 18 December 2020.
Here’s a few things you need to know about this prestigious scholarship:
Mount Fuji, located n the island of Honsh?, is the highest mountain in Japan
The Japanese Government Scholarship for the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) is open to Malaysian students who are planning to pursue their Master’s degree course in Japan.
The course duration is principally one (1) year from October 2021 to September 2022 (except for Business Administration Course, the commencement of the program is from September 2021 to August 2022). Courses will be conducted in English too.
What courses are available under this program?
There are five (5) courses available under the Young Leaders’ Program:
- Business Administration Course (Master of Business Administration) at Hitotsubashi University
- Law Course (Master of Law) at Kyushu University
- School of Government Course (Master in Public Administration or Master in Public Policy) at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- School of Local Governance Course (Master in Public Administration or Master in Public Policy) at National Graduate Institute for Foreign Policy (GRIPS)
- Healthcare Administration Course (Master of Healthcare Administration) at Nagoya University
What are the entry requirements?
1. Malaysian citizens with degrees.
2. For Business Administration Course, applicants must:-
- be below 40 years old as of 1st September 2021;
- have good command of English language (minimum TOEFL score of 600/ TOEFL-CBT score of 250 or equivalent) with GMAT score result ; and
- have at least 3 years’ working experience.
3. For the other 4 courses, applicants must:-
- be below 40 years old as of 1st October 2021;
- have good command of English language (minimum TOEFL score of 550/ TOEFL-iBT score of 80/ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent); and
- have at least 3 years’ working experience in government offices (in the case of Health
- Administration Course, working experience in Ministry of Health Malaysia). For Law Course, at least 4 years’ working experience including experience of handling law-related affairs in Malaysia.
What will the scholarship cover?
During the term of the scholarship, a monthly allowance of approximately 242,000 yen (subject to change) will be given.
Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at the universities will be exempted. On top of all that, a round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.
How is the application process?
|November ~ December||Submit application form to respective Recommending Authorities by due date|
|March ~ April 2021||Interview. Only successful candidates will be notified to attend the interview|
|July 2021||Notification of final result|
|September or October 2021||Depart to Japan|
How can I apply?
Application is to be made through our recommending Malaysian authorities;
- For Business Administration Course, please contact the National Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Malaysia at 03-6204-9811 or email to [email protected] (Ms. Annie William),
- For Health Administration course, please contact Ministry of Health Malaysia at 03-88906050/03-88831108 or email to [email protected] (Dr. Norsyamimi)/ [email protected] (Dr. Anisah),
- For the other 3 courses, please contact the Public Service Department of Malaysia at Tel: 03-8885-3053 or email to [email protected] (Mr. Kamarul).
- For Law Course, application for non-government servant can also be made through Kulliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia at Tel: 03-6196 4226 or email to [email protected] (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ramizah Wan Muhammad).
Click here for more information.
Apply to the scholarship right here.