The objectives of the Master in Human Resource Management are to:
- To develop an understanding of theory and practice in the overall human resource management areas;
- To help students prepare effectively, through broadening their knowledge, skills and ability for a career as human resource specialists;
- To inculcate a sense of appreciation for innovative thinking in human resource management areas, particularly in understanding organizational theory and its application to organizational development;
- To develop the ability to sensibly solve employees and organizational issues; and
- To provide a reliable basis for further professional or educational enhancement in the future.
Placing the right people in the right job is the most important role of human resource management. To carry out this task, the human resource management itself must be staffed with the right people in the first place. This is a requirement that a human resource department should fulfil if it wants to recruit people with the right skills. Today, employees are looked upon as assets who can help to organisational goals. Therefore, trained and qualified human resource professionals should and would have an edge in the job market.
The MHRM programme in OUM provides learners with the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge in human resource management and to manage people in the organization effectively.