The Doctor of Philosophy (Arts) programme is a generic PhD programme offered by the Faculty of Applied Social Sciences (FASS), Open University Malaysia (OUM). It is a programme that links a variety of disciplines in social sciences, humanities, education and languages. This programme focuses on specialised areas where OUM has a wide range of academic expertise that will add value to the learning experience of each candidate.
The objectives of the Doctor of Philosophy (Arts) are:
- To produce more graduates at PhD level in various fields of knowledge and expertise in tandem with the national development policy;
- To produce more graduates who are able to come up with authentic researches, current, and self-contained at the higher level; and
- To produce graduates who can integrate various theories and knowledge in contributing to society and national development.
Fields of Study:
- Islamic Studies
- Akidah and Thought
- Psychology (including Counselling)
- Disability Studies
- Malay Studies (Pengajian Melayu)
- Social Work
- Political Science
- English Studies
- Measurement and Testing