Monash IT was ranked top 48th in the world (THE 2014-2015 rankings in Engineering and Technology) and the top 51-100 in the QS World University Rankings by Subject for 2015 - the best school to study IT in Malaysia. You will gain the best of both world by studying MBIS at Monash Malaysia:
- The fusion of both the leading business world and IT world.
- The learning experiences of a prestigious Australian degree (member of Australia’s Group of Eight (Go8) universities, recognised for excellence in teaching, learning, research and graduate outcomes) by paying Malaysia local fees.
- The world first class academic development (in the top one per cent of world universities) with latest industrial-skill based training (strong industrial collaboration).
- A jump start to a Monash doctoral degree (with the MBIS research option).
Since IT is part of everything we do / work, MBIS is an unique program that is suitable for students with previous qualifications in any discipline. You will gain an understanding of business information systems to a level of depth and sophistication consistent with senior professional practice. Expertise in IT helps you even if your primary career choice and interest is something else. Skills in IT enables you to make a positive difference in the world you live as the blooming prospects in IT are without boundaries, e.g. mobile apps, wearable technologies, Internet of Thing, data science and etc. The future of Business-IT opportunities are borderless.
Students with previous studies in business information systems can complete in three semesters (full-time) by applying for credit for Master Core units.
The adaptable structure of this course allows you to choose a specific Business-IT area of study or a range of units from different areas so you graduate with a competitive edge when seeking employment. The course offers the opportunity for either industry experience or research as part of the degree.
MBIS graduate with a competitive edge when seeking employment will be expected to play leading professional roles in their field, locally and overseas. The highly flexible course opens up a variety of career opportunities. Graduates of the MBIS prepares you for careers in:
- business information systems
- data science and data mining
- business intelligence and knowledge management
- information systems and management
- IT governance and software development methodologies
- research for mobile apps, wearable technologies, image processing, intelligent health, robotics and data science; or
- practical industrial upskilling with leading companies or NGOs.
The degree covers the business IT spectrum from supporting business operations through to supporting managers’ decision making. It prepares students for roles such as senior business management, business analysts, systems analysts, project leaders, as well as information managers, archivists or librarians.Entry Requirement:
To enter Monash University, students must satisfy particular academic, English language and age requirements.
To apply for the Master of Business Information Systems program in the School of Information Technology, you must have completed:
- An approved three-year bachelor’s degree, or
- Qualifications and experience considered by the Faculty Admissions Committee to be equivalent to, or a satisfactory substitute for, the above award.