In line with the government’s initiative to upgrade the quality of teachers in primary schools, the Bachelor of Teaching (Primary Education) is designed with the following objectives:
- To produce graduates who have wide education knowledge and skills to function as effective teachers, education officers or college lecturers specialising in primary education
- To produce primary school education leaders who are capable of making decisions, planning and carrying out duties that are entrusted on them effectively.
The programme curriculum focuses on core education knowledge, subject content knowledge and pedagogical skills that enable the graduates:
- To identify the learning needs of the primary school pupils
- To plan and implement learning and teaching activities, including assessment, effectively
- To carry out other duties and responsibilities efficiently as required of an educator
- The Bachelor of Teaching (Primary Education) is especially suited for teachers, school principals, college lecturers and other education personnel who wish to equip themselves with up-to-date knowledge and specialized skills for continuous personal improvement as well as career enhancement in their profession as a primary school educator.