Before Applying to International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)
Why Study at IUMW
- IUMW, which was established based on a collaboration between the University of Malaya (UM) and the University of Wales, UK, is strategically located just 10 minutes from Kuala Lumpur city centre with easy access to public transport such as LRT and KTM.
- Leveraging on both universities' outstanding achievements and academicians, IUMW offers an array of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for local and international students.
- IUMW offers dual awards with direct credit transfer to a UK university, giving its students an opportunity to spend a semester at UM or University of Wales.
- It is the first university in Southeast Asia to be accepted as a member of the United Kingdom's Higher Education Academy. All programmes offered are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- It aspires to be a comprehensive research-oriented university, recognised for its innovative teaching and learning, research, social services and education management.
Internal Scholarships Provided by IUMW
IUMW provides scholarships for Foundation programmes, subject to terms and conditions. IUMW offers up to 50% fee waiver for foundation studies and up to 100% fee waiver for degree studies. Financial assistance such as PTPTN, MARA and MyBrain are offered as well.
What You Should Know About International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)
Bistari Condominium and Villa Putra are off-campus accommodation options ranging from private accommodation to modern shared apartments. It can vary between single, twin-sharing, partly furnished and fully furnished. They are only a short walking distance from the university.
IUMW is seamlessly connected to the rest of the world through KL Sentral and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. You can travel to the university from the airport with just rail transportation alone. The neighbourhood is a satellite transit hub, with several train stations within walking distance from IUMW. Combined with the Go KL public bus service that offers free rides for commuters within the Central Business District of Kuala Lumpur, travelling to various parts of Kuala Lumpur can be free of charge.
Things to Do Around the Campus
IUMW is located within the exclusive Kampung Padang Merbuk (Merbok Field Village). Kampung Padang Merbuk is next to Bukit Tunku (Tunku Hill) and Taman Duta (Kenny Vale). Collectively, these neighbourhoods form the largest green lung area that is at the heart of Kuala Lumpur. The experience of viewing KL’s skyscrapers while being surrounded by lush greenery is breathtaking.
IUMW’s location is prominent in KL, because it shares its neighbourhood with national landmarks such as the Malaysian Houses of Parliament, National Memorial Park, ASEAN Sculpture Garden, and the Central Bank of Malaysia. IUMW is undoubtedly a prestigious educational destination that welcomes students from all walks of life.
Close to IUMW is Sunway Putra Mall, an award-winning shopping mall, which is a great place to shop, dine, and entertain. If you need a break away from the hot and wet climate, you can relax by having a cup of coffee or watching a movie at a cinema with your friends.
Education at International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)
Most Popular Courses
- Business Administration
- Professional Communication