Detailed entry requirements
- Applicants should have a good Master’s degree with the CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent, in a discipline related to ICT from MEDIU or other university recognized by MEDIU. An applicant who has a Bachelor’s degree with first class honors with a minimum 2 years of working experience in ICT-related industry may also apply for direct admission into the PhD programme.
- Applicant with a good Master’s degree with the CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent, in a discipline unrelated to ICT from MEDIU or from an university recognized by MEDIU may be considered if the applicant has at least 3 years of working experience in ICT-related industry or a sufficient exposure to ICT (based on the recommendation of the faculty and approval of the Senate).
- Applicants who have a slightly lower qualification than items [#1] and [#2] but with sufficient working experience in an ICT-related academic/industry can also be considered on the recommendation of the faculty/department and approval of the Senate.
All applicants must meet the English language requirement before being admitted to the programme. Examples include:
- Having English as their mother tongue.
- Substantially worked or studied in an English-speaking country (such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States).
- English language proficiency exam with a minimum overall band score of 550 in TOEFL or 5.5 in IELTS.
- A minimum overall band score of 4.00 in MEDIU’s English Language Placement Test (MUET).
- Any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.