Objectives of the Programme
- Prepare qualifying students to become specialist researchers in studying the Arts of Arabic Literature and Literary Criticism, and its related aspects.
- Raising the level of literary talents and developing students skills in using literature styles in the fields of media realm and “Islamic Da’awa”.
- Dissemination of research in all fields relating to Arabic Language Literature and Literary Criticism.
- Enriching the library literature system with innovative research related to the field of Arabic Literature and Literary Criticism.
- Developing the functional and interactive skills of Arabic Literature and Literary Criticism into the graduates by adhering to the guidance of the modern approaches in teaching and learning the language with special references to the applied functional approaches.
- To cultivate the literary and critical skills within students' written and spoken Arabic language forms.
- To advance literary research in the area of the Arabic Literature Sciences and the Literary Criticism and in all of its related sciences.
- The expansion of literary research of new ideas and theories relating to Arabic Literature and Literary Criticism.