Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Oct 30, 2019, 11:58 am
As is tradition, SPM kicks off with the main language subjects. There are a lot of mixed feelings about these papers, especially English—some would say these are the most difficult papers; some would breeze through it. This is mostly because there’s no one way to study for English! How do you improve on a language that you mostly speak on a daily basis? Well, here are some tips that you may find handy for your English papers.
1. Don’t just read—understand what you’re reading. A big part of the exam involves comprehension, so you can’t just read blindly; really understand what the whole passage is about!
2. Be a grammar Nazi. While on the regular you’d be annoyed by your peers correcting you, in this case, it’s necessary! Be as crazy about grammar because EVERY spelling mistake counts.
3. Make the dictionary your best friend. Yes, we know—what kind of advice is this!? We don’t mean literally study the dictionary but learning about new words and their different meanings can be super helpful when handling those trick questions!
4. Practise writing. This is such redundant advice and we know it, too. But the only way to really improve your writing is by practising! Write on anything you can think of just to get the creative juices flowing and soon you may even discover a hidden Shakespeare within you!
5. Be confident. You’ve really done all you can. Now it's time to go out there and ace it!
For more help in your exams, you can refer to the links below:
Alternatively, download our 2019 edition of the SPM Revision Guide below!