Scholarships/Loans

Statistics of PSD scholarships distribution in 2011

Published by Afterschool.my on Jul 18, 2011, 05:55 pm

PILN:

1. 58.8% // 882 places for Bumiputra

2. 41.2% // 618 places for non-Bumiputra:

- 31.07% // 466 places for Chinese students (and this is 75.4% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

- 9.13% // 137 places for Indian students (and this is 22.17% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

- 1% // 15 places for “other” students (and this is 2.43% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

Total: 1500

PIDN:

1. 52.04% // 1301 places were for Bumiputras

2. 47.96% // 1199 places were for non-Bumiputras:

- 43.44% // 1086 places for Chinese students (and this is 90.56% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

- 4.32% // 108 places for Indian students (and this is 9.01% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

- 0.2% // 5 places for “other” students (and this is 0.42% of the places allocate for non-Bumiputra)

Total: 2500.

  • PILN + PIDN = 4,000 scholarships.
  • 2,183 spots // 55% of those scholarships were given to the Bumiputra students while the remaining 1,817 spots //45% were allocated to the non-Bumiputra students.
  • 1,552 of the combined scholarships were given to the Chinese applicants.
  • 245 of the combined scholarships were given to the Indian applicants.
  • 20 of the combined scholarships were given to applicants under the "others" category.

Total no. of applicants were 16,900:

  • 7,277 // 43.1% were Bumiputras.
  • 9,623 // 56.9% were non-Bumiputras.

Of the that total, only 8,857 applicants made the cut. Since there were only 4,000 scholarships, the balance had to satisfied with local matriculation, diploma and foundation programmes.

RELATED POSTS
Latest News

Need help?
mailwhatsapp icon