Are you an international student?
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Dec 14, 2017, 09:06 am
Looking for another student loan option? Good news! The Perak state government has offered a student loan for Malaysians, specifically for those in Perak to pursue their higher education.
- Applicants or their mother or father born in Perak;
- Applicants or their mother or father not born in Perak but have resided in Perak for more than 10 years;
- Applicants or their mother or father born in Perak, do not have an address in the state but have resided there for more than 10 years;
- Applicants must pursue a full-time course
- Applicants who are currently studying must have at least three more semesters or one and a half years of studies left (long semesters only)
- Household income not more than RM5,000.00
DIPLOMA - Not more 26 years old and 41 years old for those who have served in the government
DEGREE - Not more 36 years old and 41 years old for those who have served in the government
MASTERS - Not more 36 years old and 40 years old for those who have served in the government
PhD - Not more 36 years old and 40 years old for those who have served in the government
Loan Repayment Rate
List of Institutions and Courses Sponsored
(i) Public Universities (IPTA)
a) All IPTAs - All courses offered by IPTA
(ii) Private Institutions (IPTS)
a) All IPTS with a 'university' or 'university college' title in Malaysia - All courses offered by IPTS approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
b) IPTS with an institution or college status in Perak only - All courses offered by IPTS approved by MQA
(iii) Foreign Higher Education Institutions (Jordan only)
a) For Islamic studies only
How to Apply
Deadline: February 28, 2018
For more information or queries, please contact the Education Loan Unit, Perak State Secretary Office at 05-209 5311 / 5314.
Click herefor more information on Bank Rakyat's PPBU student loan
Your UPU 2018/19 guide here