Interest-free student loans for students from needy families
Published by Afterschool.my on Jun 15, 2011, 03:43 pm
- MCA will be giving out interest-free student loans amounting up to RM30 million to students from needy families.
- The loan is for those who have completed their SPM, STPM, the United Examination Certificate (UEC) and pre-university course.
- The loan has no racial ratio. It is essentially for all races.
- Under the one-off scheme for the full course duration, the maximum loan amount for students pursuing their studies locally is RM30,000.
- Students pursuing their studies overseas can receive a maximum of RM50,000.
- Students pursuing their Masters can receive a maximum total of RM80,000 to RM100,000.
- Guidelines for the loan are yet to be finalised and will be released within the next two weeks.