Eight scholarships under BN YES programme given out
Published by Afterschool.my on Aug 26, 2011, 02:44 pm
- Under the Barisan Nasional Youth Education Scholarship (BN YES) programme, eight students who have been accepted into 12 private universities have been given scholarships.
- The BN YES programme have forked out RM300,000 worth of financial aid for the eight students.
- There are only 100 scholarships available. RM17.6 million was collected from the 12 private universities mentioned above to fund the 100 scholarships.
- The scholarships distributed are mainly based on academic performance (70%), socioeconomic status (20%) and cocurriculum aspects (10%).
- This scholarship is extended to help top students in SPM, STPM and A-Levels who are seeking higher learning education.