The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries.
Applicant must meet all the below requirements
- Candidates will be at least 18 years old at the start of the scholarship.
- The country that applicants are living in is in the list of eligible countries.
- Applicants are citizens of the country that they are staying in.
- Applicants have been living in their country for at least the last two years (unless they are a member of the diplomatic corps or a dependent of a member of the diplomatic corps).
- Applicants must confirm that they are not currently serving in the military, and must show that they want to study in New Zealand.
- They want to study at a level that is listed as available for their respective country for the scholarship that they are applying for.
- Applicants are expected to meet Immigration requirements for a student visa to New Zealand or the Pacific country they will study in (i.e. medical checks, etc.).
- Applicants are expected to meet the academic entry requirements (including English language ability) to get into their preferred programme of study.
- Applicants must confirm that they have not been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship because of poor academic performance or personal conduct.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the study that they want to do will enable them to contribute to the sustainable development of their home country.
- Applicants has to be committed to return to their respective countries for a minimum of two years at the end of their scholarship, to contribute to their country’s development.
- Applicants must confirm that they are not a citizen or permanent resident of any of the following countries: New Zealand, Israel, South Korea, Australia, Japan, USA, Any European Union country, Qatar, United Kingdom, Canada, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.
- Applicants have at least two years of work experience (part time or full time, paid or voluntary).
Please check the following websites for further information on immgiration in New Zealand:
Any offered at New Zealand Universities