Malaysia International Scholarship
Published by Afterschool.my on Aug 17, 2017, 01:04 am
Need financial assistance to study in Malaysia? No worries! The Malaysian government is offering the Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) to bright foreign students to pursue their advanced education here. The scholarship seeks to attract and retain outstanding individuals from abroad as part of Malaysia’s aim to increase talented human capital in the country. International students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in any selected esteemed institutions in Malaysia.
Image via World Scholarship Forum
Note: The scholarship is only applicable to students who wish to do their postgraduate or Post-doctoral studies.
In order to apply for MIS, you need to:
a. Obtain a high-level academic achievement.
b. Have excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
c. Have a good quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree level for Master’s Degree applicants and PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or excellent results at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non-refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. Post-Doctoral candidates must have an excellent reputation in research and possess knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required.
- IELTS with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
d. In excellent health condition and certified by a Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only).
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia.
- Approved tuition fees.
- Monthly allowance.
- Annual grant for books and internal travel.
- Medical / Health Insurance.
- Installation and Termination grant.
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral programmes only.
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only).
Priority field of studies:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health (excluding nursing, medicine and clinical pharmacy).
General Condition of Award
- Scholarship holders must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus in Malaysia.
- It is the responsibility of the scholarship holder to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct. Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the university.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be made ONLINE through the Ministry of Higher Education’s portal.STEP 1
- REGISTER your Passport Number or National Identification Number, password and email address.
- LOGIN to online application form and fill in all the sections completely.
- Please ensure all information is correct before you print the application and logout.
- Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report.
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A clear and precise study or research plan.
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from the Malaysian university.
- Two letters of recommendation from two people who can act as referees to support your application.
- Endorsement Form.
- You are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the MIS scholarship in your country to get the endorsement.
a. Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application.You are required to attach the documents and click ‘SUBMIT’. You will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.For further enquiries, please contact:Scholarship DivisionMinistry of Education MalaysiaLevel 2, No 2, Tower 2Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5Federal Government Administrative Centre62200 Putrajaya.Email: [email protected]Phone : +603 8870 6000