Be a Biology champion with our SPM tips!
Published by Afterschool.my on Nov 15, 2016, 04:40 pm
Dear students, Biology is just around the corner! Are you ready to face the papers? Here are some handy tips for you to remember!
1. Biology is all about terminology! So try to break down the complex words and to identify their root word(s). For example, the word heterozygous can be broken into hetero (which means different) and zygous (which means of zygotic disposition – a cell of a diploid organism, basically). This would mean that the word as a whole stands for when an organism’s cells contain two different alleles of a gene.
2. Draw and label diagrams! It has been scientifically proven that people learn better when pictures are present.
3. Start from the general to the specific! Always read and understand the general concepts first before tackling the more specific ones.
4. Make the laboratory your second home! Test out various theories and hypothesis there and as they always say, experience equals more effective learning.
5. Practice past year questions! They will be very useful in helping you to apply concepts as well as being able to apply knowledge to similar situations that are worded differently.
Hopefully these tips will be of good use to you! All the best!