If you are reading this article, you are probably considering to sit for the SPM repeat paper. But before we share the application steps in more detail, we need you to be aware of this very important information. Understand that to repeat, it requires money and demands time to review the subject to be taken. However, there are a number of reasons why some students may want to repeat. No matter what your reason is, you need to make sure that it’s worth it.
- Go to sppat.moe.gov.my then click “Examination registration system for Private Candidates (SPM)”. Click "Register for Repeating Candidates" to register as a SPM repeat candidate.
- Confirm the information entered. Make sure the identity card number, exam year and index number are yours, then click Continue.
- Fill in personal information as required. Then, click Continue.
- Select the subject you want to enroll. The payment amount will be displayed as soon as the candidate selects the subject. Then, click Continue.
- Specify elective subjects as additional subjects if you choose more than 10 subjects. The selection of additional subjects shall not be less and shall not be more than the prescribed number. Then, click continue.
- Choose your exam center. Examination centers are by state and district. Examination center vacancies based on the number of quotas.
- Check your registration information. Make sure all the information is authentic and tick the agreement field before sending it.
- After the registration information is successfully submitted, make sure that the examination fee payment is made by electronic banking. Only paid applications will be processed
- Register application for registration as a candidate to repeat SPM. Please refer to the guide to apply for registration for candidates repeating SPM by CLICK HERE
- Please refer to the electronic banking payment guide during the registration application here.
- Make sure all the information provided is true and accurate before submitting the application form. The Examination Board reserves the right to cancel the registration of a candidate if the information provided is not true or false.
- Repeat application is only open to candidates who have taken SPM/SPM (V)/SPVM/MCE/SC/FMC.
- Make an application for SPM registration on the SPM Registration Application portal between 17/05/2021 to 18/06/2021.
- Payment for SPM registration application must be made through electronic banking method.
- After executing the application and payment online, the applicant must print and send/post the following documents to the State Education Department (JPN) where the applicant chooses to sit for the examination:
- Copy of Review Statement (Kenyataan Semakan);
- Copy of Payment Receipt (electronic banking); and
- 4 pieces of self -addressed Prepaid Express Post or Express Post envelopes
- Failure of the candidate to submit the documents in item 5, will result in the candidate not receiving important information related to the examination. The National Registration Department address can be found on the Examination Board portal (http://lp.moe.gov.my)
- Make a review of SPM registration application on the SPM Registration Application Review portal from 18/07/2021.
- Ensure that the Examination Registration Statement form is printed and brought along with personal information to the examination center during the examination day.
- Application to transfer the examination center after successful registration, must be applied between 19/06/2021 to 16/07/2021.
- Application for correction of information after successful registration, must be applied between 17/05/2021 to 16/07/2021.
- Any update of information (application to transfer the examination center and correction of information) can only be made at the state National Registration Department where the candidate chooses to sit for the examination.
- If there is any update of information, the Examination Registration Statement form needs to be reprinted.
Registration Date for SPM, SPM Repeat and STAM 2021
SPM Trial Papers From Around Malaysia (WITH Answers)
Actual Collection of SPM Past Year Questions for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & SPM Repeat (Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, History)
SPM Sejarah Trial Papers from Around Malaysia
SPM English Language Trial Papers from Around Malaysia
SPM Bahasa Malaysia Trial Papers from Around Malaysia
Must Know SPM Survival Tips
Be a Biology champion with our SPM tips!
Check out our tips for SPM Maths paper!
Become a Chemistry wizard with these SPM tips!
Easy tip to memorize trigonometric formulae in SPM and beyond
5 tried-and-tested tips to score straight As in your SPM exams
Score in Your English SPM Paper with These Tips!
Tips to score an A Grade for SPM Repeat
6 Must Know Strategies to Score Straight As in SPM
What to do after SPM and before university
6 things to do after you've gotten your SPM results
What are your options after SPM/STPM
To find out more about scholarships and courses, click here and here.
Afterschool.my is Malaysia’s no 1 higher education website that provides helpful information on courses, institutions and scholarships for students transitioning from secondary school to university level.