Polytechnic obtains international standard graduate employability target
Published by Afterschool.my on Jul 25, 2011, 02:04 pm
- Polytechnic graduates have exceeded the international benchmark which stipulated 70% employability for graduates who were employed after graduation or within six months after graduation.
- The government ensured that the workers' salary was commensurate with their knowledge, qualification and skill.
- Developed countries need highly skilled human capital which is why technical studies should not be cast aside but to be presented as a first option to students.
- The country needs technical people to mobilise techologies and equipment as modernisation spreads across Malaysia.
- The government is expecting to hit 3.3 million people in the workforce by 2020 and 1.5 million of them will make up the skilled workers in the vocational and technical fields. Polytechnics are expected to make up more than 600,000 workers.
- Polytechnics were made to enhance cooperation with the industry so that graduates will always be informed and aware of the technological development of Malaysia.
- Malaysia needs to increase the number of the skilled workforce by 50% by 2020.