Learn more about Courses and the requirements, fees and other details.
Ask Questions to get an education expert’s advice immediately.
Get the latest information about education news, tips and career opportunities.
Find out information about different Institutions and apply to them directly.
A link will be sent via e-mail to initiate password reset. Please check your inbox.
If you have not received it,
Seconds, please click here.
If you have not received it, please click here.
You have reached your password reset limit for today. Please check your spam folder, retry tomorrow or contact us now
A One Time Password (OTP) has been sent to your number at Update Phone Number
Didn’t receive OTP? Resend OTP
Want to change your mobile number? Update Mobile Number
Didn’t get a call from us? Retry now Want to change your mobile number? Update mobile number
Want to change your mobile number? Update mobile number
We have saved your mobile number successfully! You may retry tomorrow.
Your IVR verification call has been initiated.
Visit the International Students section on our website to find out the latest news and everything you need to know about studying in Malaysia.
Published by Afterschool.my on Jul 17, 2017, 02:42 pm
For medical graduates who hold basic medical degree from institution not listed in the Second Schedule, Medical Act 1971, he or she will be required to sit and pass the Examination for Provisional Registration (EPR).
Please take note of the following before reading the rest:
1. Pursuant to the Medical Act 1971, you are required to register with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) to practice medicine in Malaysia;
2. To be eligible for REGISTRATION, you need to possess a recognized basic medical degree as listed under the Second Schedule of the Medical Act 1971;
3. Pursuant to the section 12(1)(aa) of the Medical Act 1971, you need to sit and pass an Examination for Provisional Registration (EPR) if you hold a basic degree which is not recognized for registration.
4. The procedures for the EPR is prescribed in the Medical (Setting of Examination for Provisional Registration) Regulations 2015 enacted under the Medical Act 1971. You are strongly advised to read it carefully.
5. To be eligible to sit for the EPR, you:
• possess a basic medical degree NOT listed in the Second Schedule, Medical Act 1971.
• must register with the MMC to sit for the EPR; and
• are still allowed to sit the EPR by the examining body, if you are already registered.
6. To sit for the EPR, you need to submit the following documents in TWO copies:
The application form should be completed in BLOCK LETTERS (preferably type-written). Please ensure that ALL mandatory fields (marked *) are completed.
• Your Curriculum Vitae (preferably type written);
• Photocopy of basic medical degree;
• Photocopy of transcript covering the whole study duration;
• Photocopy of full registration certificate issued by foreign Medical Council or
• Professional Licensing Authority, if any;
• Photocopy of post graduate degree(s), if any;
• Additional documents for Malaysians:
(i) photocopy of identity card (on an A4 size paper);
• Additional documents for non-Malaysians:
(i) photocopy of passport;
(ii) photocopy of marriage certificate; and
(iii) photocopy of spouse identity card
• Additional documents for Indian university graduates:
(i) photocopy of Rotating Internship
(ii) photocopy of Bona Fide Student Certificate
• Additional documents for Indonesian university graduates:
(i) photocopy of Sarjana Kedokteran
(ii) photocopy of Ijazah Kedokteran
(iii) photocopy of UKDI/UKMPPD certificate (wherever applicable)
• A processing fee of ONE THOUSAND ringgit (RM 1000) payable in money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque in the name of ‘THE REGISTRAR OF MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS’. Please write your name and identity card number behind the money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque.
• To sit for the theory part of EPR, an examination fees of THREE THOUSAND ringgit (RM 3000) payable in money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque must be made in the name of ‘KUMPULAN WANG MAJLIS PERUBATAN MALAYSIA’. Please write your name and identity card number behind the money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque.
• To sit for the clinical part of EPR, an examination fees of THREE THOUSAND ringgit (RM 3000) payable in money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque must be made in the name of ‘KUMPULAN WANG MAJLIS PERUBATAN MALAYSIA’. Please write your name and identity card number behind the money order, postal order, bank draft or cheque.
7. ALL documents attached should be certified according to the Guideline for Document Verification.
8. If your printed names in any of the documents submitted differ, please submit a Statutory Declaration;
9. If the original documents are not in either Bahasa Malaysia or English, you need to submit translated versions in either Bahasa Malaysia or English along with certified copies of the document in its original language. Translated documents are only acceptable if carried out by qualified translators or officers of appropriate embassy.
10. Please keep a copy of the form you submitted for your future reference;
11. You are reminded to submit your application BEFORE the closing date which is set at 2 weeks before the examination date. Application submitted AFTER the closing date will NOT be accepted.
12. Please submit your application to:
The Registrar of Medical Practitioners,
Malaysian Medical Council,
Block B,Ground Floor,
50590 KUALA LUMPUR.
13. Application can be submitted IN PERSON.
14. You are strongly advised to respond immediately to our notification for any shortcomings, if any.
15. Your application will be tabled at the Evaluation Committee meeting on the 3rd Thursdays of each month, so expect your approval letter to be ready on the 4th Monday of each month.
16. If you pass the EPR, you will need to collect the certificate from MMC or opt for it to be posted to you. Please provide valid postal address.
17. Please feel free to contact them if you;
a. were not notified in writing upon submitting your application;
b. do not hear from us two weeks after the MMC Evaluation Committee Meeting;
c. do not hear from us after the one-month processing period is over; and/or
d. require any assistance or have any questions.
Click here to view the Format of the EPR (Theory Paper & Clinical Exam)
Click here to view Form 1 (Once downloaded, scroll to page 8)
The EPR will be held two (2) times a year and the dates will be announced on the MMC website. Theory component will be held in March and September of the year and the Clinical component will be held one (1) month after the theory component.
In the face of financial constraints, pursuing higher education abroad seemed like an unattainable dream for me. However, fate had something extraordinary in store. My name is Prathip Devan Vasudevan and I am studying Finance, Accounting, and Management at the University of Nottingham. This is ..
“It is more than just a full-ride scholarship, it grooms its scholars to be the next generation of leaders,” said Khadijah Azamin, a 2017 CIMB ASEAN Scholarship recipient who enrolled in the University of Melbourne. This sentiment perfectly captures the transformative power of the scholarship pr..
CIMB is committed towards nurturing the brightest minds in ASEAN by grooming the next generation of capable professionals through the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship. In view of the evolving banking sector, many of our scholars today have pursued various fields, including computer science, data science ..
Hallyu or Korean wave is a global phenomenon of Korean cultures such as K-Pop, K-Drama, and K-Beauty. However, nowadays Korean Education (K-Education) has also started to gain attention from the world where South Korea has emerged as one of the preferred destinations for students to further their te..
Embarking on a successful career path is often shaped by the choices and the strides we take along the way.When faced with the decision to choose between STEM-focused programmes or arts and humanities for his pre-university education, Isfaroul's unwavering passion for the business world since hi..
Let us take a moment and travel back through time, during childhood days when you gleefully raced around the classroom, enjoying precious moments with your friends. Perhaps these memories have become hazy, but you can still recall feelings of joy, curiosity, and boundless imagination that enveloped ..
There is no denying that to continue Malaysia’s economic growth and development, we need a talented and innovative workforce. And it all starts with identifying the next generation of leaders who will drive the nation's success and giving them access to a good education.The Gamuda Scholarshi..
Many students aspire to study overseas, but their aspirations may be shattered when they come to the realization that they lack the financial means to make it happen. Well, here’s good news for you:There are actually many scholarship for malaysian to study overseas in 2023. Don't miss out on the o..
Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology (TAR UMT) and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) have finally reached the 50th anniversary of their strategic partnership, a significant milestone which was celebrated on 15 February 2023 at TAR UMT’s Kuala Lumpur Ca..
Are you aware of the acute shortage of engineers in Malaysia right now? According to Chang Lih Kang, Minister of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI), to fulfil the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG) to build a sustainable future.In light of that, now is the ideal time for you to fill t..
Get the information first