PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship 2016
Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) is a statutory body that protects against the loss of bank deposits, as well as takaful and insurance benefits in the unlikely event of a member institution failure and is mandated to promote public confidence in the stability of the financial system in Malaysia.
The PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship 2016 programme is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
Apr 18, 2016
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of twenty successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2016) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
Pre-requisites and Conditions
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- To submit a written essay in English of approximately 1,000 words on your chosen field of study and your aspirations in contributing to the financial services landscape and the country in general.
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM.
- Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
- An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of the PIDM Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
- In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Banking and Management
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- International Financial Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Shariah Law
- Human Resource Management/Human Resource Development
- Mathematics (Actuary)
- Risk Management and Insurance
How to Apply
- Download and fill up the Application Form.
- Please send your completed application form by hand or by post with a recent passport-sized photograph, certified photocopies of your academic transcript and/or certificates and all relevant documents to the contact address below.
You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the PIDM approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all necessary conditions and upon securing admission into one of the eligible programs at one of the approved colleges or universities.