Islamic Studies Scholarships for Muslim Students at University of Oxford
The University of Oxford is offering Islamic Studies scholarships for applicants who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from Muslim communities. These scholarships are available for pursuing graduate (full-time master’s or DPhil course) programme at University of Oxford.
Islamic Studies Scholarships has been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow graduates to pursue the study of benefit to the Muslim world.
The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning.
Jan 20, 2017
- Applicant must be applying to start a new full-time master or DPhil course at Oxford.
- Applicant must be either ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household)
- Applicant must be a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa:
- Applicant should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Applicant should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,296). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate (full-time master’s or DPhil course) programme at University of Oxford.
Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available within the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS).
How to Apply
Applicant must also complete an Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.