International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at Newcastle University in UK
Newcastle University is offering scholarships for international students. These scholarships will be awarded to students who have applied through UCAS and been offered a place on an undergraduate degree program or International Foundation programme at Newcastle University for entry in September 2017.
Newcastle University is a public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The university can trace its origins to a School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), established in 1834, and to the College of Physical Science (later renamed Armstrong College), founded in 1871.
Jan 15, 2017
To qualify for these awards student must:
- (if applying to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences [HaSS] and the Medical School) achieve 73% overall Academic Weighted Average, and a minimum English for Academic Purposes module of 65, or
- (if applying to the Faculty of Science Agriculture and Engineering [SAgE]) achieve 70% overall Academic Weighted Average, and a minimum English for Academic Purposes module of 65,
- Have applied through UCAS and been offered a place on an undergraduate degree program at Newcastle University for entry in September 2017, AND accepted Newcastle University as your first or firm choice university,
- Be assessed as international/overseas for fee-paying purposes.
University will consider all qualifications that are of a suitable academic level. These include:
- A/AS levels (including International A levels)
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Cambridge Pre-U
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
University offers 10 100% International Foundation scholarships and unlimited number of International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (in 2014 they made 124 awards).
International Foundation scholarships: Each scholarship is to the value of £17,500, or £17,900 for the Architecture pathway.
International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships: Newcastle University rewards the academic performance of INTO Foundation students, with £1,500 scholarships for the first year of study in any undergraduate degree program at Newcastle University.
- International Foundation Programme
- All undergraduate subjects offered by the university
How to Apply
Students must have applied through UCAS and been offered a place on an undergraduate degree program at Newcastle University for entry in September 2017.
Application Form: http://www.intostudy.com/en-gb/apply