Examination for Provisional Registration (EPR) Format & ReferencesJuly 17, 2017
Format for Theory Paper
- All questions are in the form of one-best answer (OBA) type of question.
- Paper 1: Medical based
- Paper 2: Surgical based
- Total number of questions: 120
- Duration: 3 hours (total)
- Passing marks is 50%.
Format for Clinical Exam
- There is a total of 16 stations for this clinical exam.
- 20 marks is allocated for each station in major postings like Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. This will sum up to 200 marks.
- Meanwhile in 6 minor postings like Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, Ophthalmology, Anaesthesiology, Family Medicine/Public Health and Radiology, 10 marks is allocated for each station. This will sum up to 60 marks.
- Passing marks is 50%.
List of References for EPR
1. S. Arulkumaran et. al. 2011. Essentials of Obstetrics. 2nd Edition.
2. Kliegman 2011. Nelson Essential Pediatrics. 6th Edition. Publisher : Saunders
3. Forrest, Carter. 2005. Macleod: Principles and Practice of Surgery. Churchill Livingstone.
4. Cushieri, Hennessy, Greenhalgh, Rowley and Grace. 2003. Clinical Surgery. Blackwell Science.
5. Williamson. 2005. Scott: An Aid to Clinical Surgery. Churchill Livingstone.
6. Haslett Christopher. 2006. Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. 20th Edition. Churchill Livingstone.
7. Talley, Nicholas J and O’Connor, Simon. 2005. Clinical Examination: A Systemic Guide to Physical Diagnosis. 5th Edition.
8. Kumar, Parveen / Clark, Michael. 2005. Kumar & Clark Clinical Medicine, 6th Edition.
9. Shirley Ooi, Peter Manning. 2004. Guide to the essentials in Emergency Medicine Singapore. McGraw-Hill.
10. Mark Bisanzo, Micheal R. Filbin. 2007. Emergency Management of the Trauma Patient. Case, Algorithms, Evidence. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
11. Rakel R. Editor. 2007. Textbook of Family Practice. 7th Edition. W B Saunders
12. J. Murtagh. 2010. General Practise. 4th Edition. Mc Graw Hill Book Co.
13. Taylor R. Editor. 2003. Fundamentals of Family Medicine : The Family Medicine Clerkship Textbook. 3rd Edition. Springer Pub. Co.
14. olomon L, Warwick D, Selvadurai N. 2010. Apley’s System of Orthopaedics and Fractures. 9th Edition. London : Butterworth-Heinemann
15. Canale S, Beaty J. 2007. Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics. 11th Edition. Mosby.
16. Synopsis of Psychiatry, Kaplan & Saddock, 9th edition, Williams & Wilkins, 2003.
17. Handbook of Essential Psychiatry For Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students by Ainsah Omar & Osman Che Bakar, 2007.
18. Winnutt, Carl. 2004. Clinical Anaesthesia (Lecture Notes). 2nd Edition. Blackwell Publishing Limited.
19. J. Oliver, L. Cassidy, 2005. Ophthalmology at A Glance. Blackwell Science Ltd.
20. Burton M, Leighton S, Hall IS, Robson A, Colman BH, Russell J. 2000. Hall & Colman’s disease of the nose, throat and ear. 15th edition, University of Michigan, Churchill Livingstone
21. Knight B. (2004). Forensic Pathology (3rd Edition). London : Edward Arnold.
Click here to view how to apply for the Examination for Provisional Registration.