- Manipal International University (MIU) first started out as a medical college in India that was founded by Dr. TMA Pai, a physician and since spread its wings globally to Malaysia, Nepal and Dubai.
- MIU is a member of the Manipal Global Education Group and is a full-fledged Malaysian university offering multidisciplinary programmes with a focus in the fields of Science, Engineering and Management & Business.
- The Mangalore campus offers medical, dental, and nursing programmes. The Bangalore Campus offers programmes in Regenerative Medicine. The Dubai campus offers programmes in engineering, management and architecture, and the Malaysia campus offers programmes in medicine and dentistry.
- The Manipal Education Group has been responsible for producing some of the brightest minds in Asia for the past 60 years. The Group has a network of six campuses and affiliations with 30 universities worldwide.
- Currently, the university focuses on offering foundation and degrees in the areas of engineering, business and life sciences. However, with future plans of introducing Humanities, Design, Law, Hospitality, Education, and Media and Communication.
Awards and Rankings
2016 Awarded Best University promoting Research by the 9th ASSOCHAM Higher Education Summit & National Excellence Awards
2016 Ranked 200 among Asian universities & ranked No. 17 in India according to QS University Ranking ASIA.
2015 Ranked 201 among Asian universities according to QS University Ranking -ASIA