Diploma in Mass CommunicationBack
|Duration||No information available|
The Diploma in Mass Communication (Dip MC) Programme at MIU is in line with the growth of the current technology and industry needs. Students are introduced to the basic mass communication majors, and taught to critically understand and examine the role of mass communication in society. All students are provided with a firm grounding in knowledge of the mass communication theories and analyses. By setting such standards and providing hands-on practice, diploma scholars and graduates are prepared to be competent media practitioners, efficient leaders and creative team workers.
The syllabus of the Programme has been designed to utilize state-of-the-art digital equipment and tap the expertise of experienced academicians as well as media industry professionals. In addition, internship Programmes at leading organizations with active global operations have been included. Thus, this Programme prepares students for a career in the social media, electronic media and existing traditional media.
With a syllabus aligned to industry requirements, international faculty and multi-cultural students from all over the world, learning at MIU encourages the communion of ideas and convergence of experience which thoroughly prepare students for a global career.
- Pass SPM (or equivalent) with a minimum of three (3) Credits including English, or
- Pass STPM or equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject and a Credit for English in SPM ( or equivalent ), or
- Pass STAM with a minimum of Grade Maqbul and a Credit for English in SPM ( or equivalent ), or
- Pass SKM level three (3) and pass SPM with a Credit in English, or
- Pass Certificate ( Level 3 KKM ) or equivalent with a Credit for English in SPM ( or equivalent ), or
- Pass Certificate ( Level 3 KKM ) in Media and Communication ( or equivalent) , or
- Other qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government as equivalent, and English Language Requirements*
English Language Requirements:
- Credit in SPM English/English 1119, or
- IELTS score 4.0, or
- TOEFL score 400 ( paper- based), 173 (computer-based) or (iBT) [foundation programme]; or
- TOEFL score 450 (paper-based ), 213 (computer- based) or 79 [undergraduate programme] ; or
- Grade B in UEL English language; or
- Band 2 in MUET; or
- Band 6 in the English Enhancement Programme (held during Semester 1 at MIU )
Other Media & Communication Courses Offered by Manipal International University (MIU)
Diploma in Mass Communication
Manipal International University (MIU)