Diploma in Applied Science (Biology)Back
|Duration||No information available|
Our Diploma in Applied Science (Biology) focuses on agriculture related fields such as plant and animal sciences, food crop and microbial science. It also covers applied sciences related to bioinformatics, tissue culture and recombinant DNA technology as well as knowledge on Intellectual Property Rights in order to inform students about the protection of innovations and inventions related to applied science.
Graduates of this programme gain bright job prospects in the public and private agricultural sectors as well as in the felds of research and entrepreneurship.
To support the Diploma programme, we have dedicated science labs: Microbiology Lab, Proteomics Lab, Molecular Lab, Plant Tissue Culture Lab, and Animal Cell Culture Lab. Graduates will be able to continue their studies at our university with the Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) (Hons).ent Program (held during Semester 1 at MIU)
- Pass SPM / SPMV (or equivalent) with a minimum of Credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry OR
- Pass Science Certificate (recognized by Malaysian Government) with a minimum CGPA of 2.0, or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government
English Language Requirements:
- Credit in SPM English/English 1119, or
- IELTS score 4.0, or
- TOEFL score 400 ( paper- based), 173 (computer-based) or (iBT) [foundation programme]; or
- TOEFL score 450 (paper-based ), 213 (computer- based) or 79 [undergraduate programme] ; or
- Grade B in UEL English language; or
- Band 2 in MUET; or
- Band 6 in the English Enhancement Programme (held during Semester 1 at MIU).
Other Applied & Pure Sciences Courses Offered by Manipal International University (MIU)
- Diploma in Applied Science (Biology)
Manipal International University (MIU)