Mathematics is an essential component in almost every aspect of our lives from the development of science and the characteristics that explain our universe to the basics of engineering, economics, medicine and even the environment. Just imagine what you could discover in the fascinating world of mathematics.
It takes three to four years full-time study to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, the fourth year usually applies to those graduating with Honors.
Most Mathematic degree programs consist the combination of pure and applied mathematics. Pure mathematics explores the theoretical and abstract aspect of the subject, whereas applied mathematics focuses on the application of mathematics in real life situations.
- Additional Mathematics
- Various levels of Mathematics
- Various levels of Calculus
- Basic Computing
- Mathematic Methodology
- Probability and Statistics
- Different types of Analysis
- Theories of Mathematics
These personality type codes serve ONLY as a guideline and can be taken with a pinch of salt. Always consult with your school counsellor or ask our experts for further guidance!
Myers-Briggs: ISTJ, ESTJ, INTP, ENTJ
These types all share the Thinking preference (T), or a preference for objective decision making as opposed to taking into account personal values in making decisions.
Find your Myers-Briggs personality type here.
Holland Vocational Code: ESR (Enterprising, Social, Realistic)
Find where you belong in the RIASEC model here.
- Mathematic Instructor: Lecturer/ Teacher
- Financial Advisor
- Applied Mathematics
- Pure Mathematicians
- Math Advisor
- Senior Manager (min. RM8,000; avg RM10,000; max. RM13,000)
- Manager (min. RM5,200; avg. RM 6,500; max. RM8,000)
- Senior Executive (min. RM3,000; avg. RM 3,600; max. RM4,500)
- Junior Executive (min. RM2,000; avg. RM 2,500; max. RM3,000)
- Fresh / Entry Level (min. RM1,500; avg. RM 1,950; max. RM2,300)
In Malaysia: Mathematicians are in high demand in almost any field where mathematical modelling and problem solving skills are highly prized. This includes the finance industry working in insurance, banking, accountancy, stockbroking; engineering, computing, law enforcement, research, statistics etc.
Overseas: The demand for teachers overseas are quite high. Several countries in the Middle East, the UK and other European nations provide opportunities for math practitioners from all around the world. Many international schools don’t require teachers to be fluent in language other than English, the ability to communicate in English is very important when it comes to working in the mathematics field abroad.
Institutions offering this course
Intake : May, (March & October for Selected Programmes)
- Fees : RM53,800Intake : January, May & OctoberFees : RM54,100Intake : January, May and October
- Intake : February and SeptemberIntake : February and September
Intake : January, June and August
- Intake : June and NovemberIntake : June and November