This programme is for students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree and wish to teach in primary schools. The KPLI programme is managed by the government and those candidates who passed the interview will be trained in Teacher’s Education Institutes (IPG).
This programme is separated into two modes; a full time teaching training mode (KPLI-SR) that takes one year and the other is the teacher training based on school mode (KPLI j-QAF) which takes a year and a half to complete.
- Applicant has to be a Malaysian citizen.
- Candidate has to be healthy physically and mentally.
- Age not more than 35 years by the time of application.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent from a local or oversea Public Higher Education Institute (IPTA) OR Private Higher Education Institute (IPTS).
- Possess a certificate recognised by the Malaysian government. The applicant has to refer to the JPA website through the following address: http://www.interactive.jpa.gov.my/webinteraktif/frmMainIktiraf.asp
- Candidate for the KPLI j-QAF have to possess a degree in Islamic studies or Arab Language Studies or al-Quran or an equivalent field.
- Possess a credit in Bahasa Melayu at SPM level or SPM (V) and passed oral or Bahasa Melayu Principle at STPM level.
- Pass English at SPM or SPM (V) level.
- Candidates have to be healthy physically and mentally.
- Candidates have to be active in co-curriculum activities.
- Candidates that possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of 2.75 are given priority.
- Candidates that possess a certificate that matches the field of specialisation and with teaching experience will have advantages.
- Candidates have to be prepared to be sent to any schools including ones in the rural areas.
APPLICANTS NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Candidates who already possess professional teaching eligibility such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Diploma in Education, Diploma in Teaching or a Teaching Certificate.
- Candidates who are still tied to the Government Agency Service Contract including those who are under the Kursus Perguruan Lepas Ijazah Mod Kursus Dalam Cuti run by the government.
- Candidates who have resigned before under government service.
- Candidates who have been subjected to disciplinary action or is in the process of it during service or training.
- Candidates who have been convicted of drugs or crime.
- Candidates who fulfill the requirements and is eligible to follow the Kursus Perguruan Lepasan Ijazah is required to sit for the Malaysian Teacher Selection Test (MTest) and attend an interview that is set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
- Candidates called to sit for the MTest is required to print out their Examination Call Ticket from the Ministry of Education Malaysia’s website and bring it together with them during the examination.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application for the KPLI can be made online which will be provided when it is open.
- Application can only be made by using a PIN number bought from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) that costs RM6.00.
- Applicant is advised to make sure their suitability for the specialised field and the structure of the programme before applying.
- Candidates are only allowed to send ONE application only.
- Candidates may use the same PIN number to make changes to the sent application. Changes may only be made three times and it must be done before the application deadline.
- Any false or incomplete information will cause the application to be denied.
- Candidates are advised to check their application status from time to time for the status of the MTest examination, call for interview and also the offer to their allocated IPG.
- Candidates offered to follow the Preparatory Course will have to register at the Teacher’s Education Institute (IPG) set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
- Interviewed candidates who did not receive any information in one month after the date of registration is considered not successful.
- The Teacher’s Education Section will not release any letters containing information to candidates.
- Candidates offered courses in Teacher’s Education Institutes are subjected to the Teacher’s Education Agreement bond set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia. Candidates will need to agree and follow the agreement contract to serve in any schools or education institutes including those in rural areas as ordered by the government after completing their studies.
- More detailed information will be released when intakes are opened.
- For any inquiries regarding the application for the KPLI programme, please contact:
BAHAGIAN PENDIDIKAN GURU KEMENTERIAN PELAJARAN MALAYSIA
ARAS 3, BLOK E13, PARCEL E
KOMPLEKS PENTADBIRAN KERAJAAN PERSEKUTUAN
(u.p: Unit Pengambilan dan Penempatan Pelajar)
Tel: 03-8884 1260/1245/1243/1235/1231/1226
URUS SETIA BAHAGIAN PENDIDIKAN GURU Cawangan Sabah
d/a Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Gaya
Peti Surat 10491
88805 Kota Kinabalu,
Tel: 08-8236 804
URUS SETIA BAHAGIAN PENDIDIKAN GURU Cawangan Sarawak
Tel: 08-2258 045
TEACHER SALARY TABLE
The new salary for teachers beginning the 1st of January 2012 is below. DG29-DG38 are teachers with a diploma while DG41-DG54 are teachers with a degree.