Saving the environment and keeping it safe for our future generations are everyone’s duty. Malaysia needs talented individuals with the appropriate skills to positively impact environmental solutions.
Environmental Science is a field of study that combines many other types of study, including ecology, biology, physics and chemistry. The field is concerned with how human beings relate to the environment, and what kind of impact human living bears on the environment.
Environmental sciences are very broad and very diverse. Areas of studies may be in environmental accounting, biotechnology and technologies, chemistry, economics, ecology, education, engineering, health, law, and policy.
Postgraduate degrees are in fields related to the studies above. Research areas might include:
- Environmental Management
- Sustainable Energy & Technology
- Energy Policy and Climate Change
- Other research areas
As a student of environmental science, you will be exploring a number of subjects which include:
- Environmental Science and Society
- Geology & Geographic Information Systems
- Sustainable Development & Natural Resources
- Plant Science
- Ecology of Natural and Managed Ecosystems
- Climate Change Science
- Environmental Change
- Soil Science
- Environmental Assessment
- Sustainable Food Production
- Environmental Modelling
- Remote Sensing of Environment
- Other subjects
A level, Foundation in science, STPM, IB Diploma, or equivalent.
Intellectual curiosity, imagination, empirical skills, hardworking, skills for details, and scientific rigor are few among the many personality types that characterize individuals in this field.
Find your Myers-Briggs personality type here.
Holland Vocational Code: ESR (Enterprising, Social, Realistic)
Some of the job titles are:
- Environmental Consultant
- Conservation and Research Scientist
- Environmental Supervisor
- Pollution Control and Climate Consultant
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Education Officer
- Air Quality Technician
- Drinking & Ground Water Specialists
- Other job titles
Entry level: RM2,400 – RM3,200
2-4 years experience: RM3,500 – RM6,500
4-8 years experience: RM7,000 – RM8,600
9 years experience and more: Above RM9,000
Institutions offering this course
- Fees : RM59,600Intake : March, June, September / October
Intake : September
Intake : January, March, June and September
- Intake : N/A
- Intake : February and SeptemberIntake : February and September