Do you like watching TV commercials? Do you easily notice the billboards and flyers? If you appreciate these things and also have the talent to create advertisements then a career in Advertising could be right for you!
Advertising is basically a message that is targeted towards specific audiences. It is designed to promote or sell products, services or ideas. Advertising enters the lives of people through many mediums. Even in daily life, we come into contact with all kinds of advertising, such as printed ads in newspapers and magazines, poster ads, neon signs, billboards, and television and radio commercials. One of the most important concepts in advertising is called the “marketing mix.” The marketing mix actually refers to the basic, tactical components of a marketing plan.
It is also referred to as the “4Ps,” which are price, place, product, and promotion. Essentially, the 4Ps are parameters within which a marketing manager can control, depending on the marketing environment. The goal is to generate a positive response among consumers. As someone qualified in advertising, you will be in the forefront of the promotion and publicity of products and services.
To date the creative industry of the country is said to be worth RM12 billion. This industry is expected to grow as ad spending on media, excluding Internet, grew 6.3 percent year-on-year in July 2012 to RM1.03 billion. Cinema, magazines and newspapers and outdoor advertising showed tremendous growth, according to Nielsen. Newspapers continued to command the lion’s share of total ad spend, accounting for 38.4 percent of total adex in July and 40.4 percent in January-July period.
- Art Director: Supervises and unifies the vision; In charge of the overall visual appearance and how it communicates visually, stimulates moods, contrasts features, and psychologically appeals to a target audience
- Copywriter: Writes copy (text) for the purpose of advertising or marketing a product, business, person, opinion or idea
- Illustrator: Prepares a variety of illustrations for one or more accounts; Designs, select layout materials, prepares interpretive drawings from written plans
- Account Planner: Managers all research pertaining to strategy and creative development; Provides insight to clients regarding consumer preference
- Media Planner: Responsible for developing, executing and managing media plans best suited to meet established client requirements and objectives
- Social Media Strategist: Specialises in the research, planning development and implementation of a business’ social media programme
Advertisers contribute to a country’s economy. Brand building contributes to creating the economic profile of the country in several ways as well as generating income directly, brands raise the profile of a country, promote its abilities in goods and services, and enable it to exhibit its credentials at the cutting edge of business practice.
- Manager (min. RM4,130; avg. RM4,660; max. RM5,600)
- Senior Executive (min. RM2,600; avg. RM 3,000; max. RM3,700)
- Junior Executive (min. RM2,000; avg. RM 2,300; max. RM2,800)
Institutions offering this course
Intake : January, July and September
- Intake : August
- Intake : March & August
- Intake : N/AIntake : N/A