Two mindblowingly easy ways to know you are eligible for UPU applicationMarch 05, 2015
So how do you know if you can apply for public universities via UPU?
1. You are a Malaysian citizen.
Applicants with permanent resident status may still apply. However, non-Malaysian students with qualifications that is equivalent to STPM may apply directly to their desired institutions.
2. Have the required qualifications
For SPM leavers: you will need a minimum of 5 credits including in Malay Language and a pass in History.
For STPM leavers: you will need a pass in SPM (or equivalent examination), a minimum of PNGK 2.00 and at least
- Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in General Studies, AND
- Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for two (2) other subjects, OR
- At least a PNGK 2.00 at the Matriculation/Foundation level year 2013; OR
- Received at least a Jayyid Ranking for Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia STAM year 2013 or 2012; OR
- Holds a Diploma or other equivalent certification acknowledged by the Malaysian Government and certified by the IPTA Senate; OR
- Passed STPM Year 2012 and previous years with at least a Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for three (3) subjects including General Studies or Matriculation/Foundation Year 2012 and the prior with at least PNGK 2.00 or STAM year 2011 and prior with at least a Jayyid Ranking; AND
- Acquired at least a Band 1 for the Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
Which category do I fall into when applying with the UPU?
Category A: Candidates who are applying using results from SPM [this year]
Category B: Candidates who are applying using results from SPM [one of the two years prior]
Category C: Candidates who are applying using results from SPM [one of the three years prior] or before that OR holders of equivalent certificates recognized by the IPTA
Category D: Candidates who are applying using results from: SPM [one of the three years prior or more] with a re-take SPM [year after that] certificate; OR SPM [one of the two years prior] with a re-take SPM [year after that] certificate; OR SPM [one year prior] with a re-take SPM [this year] certificate.