Where to Study
We can help you to apply for these scholarships.
This program enables students from six countries (Thailand, Indonesia,
Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Russia) wishing to enroll in a master’s
course (major in one of the sciences) at the University of Tokyo, to secure
scholarships before their arrival in Japan.
Applicant must meet all the below requirements
Applicants who wish to enroll in a master’s course and major in one of the
sciences (except medicine and veterinary medicine) at the University of Tokyo
and who fulfill the following requirements and qualifications.
1. Applicants must be citizens of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the
Philippines, Vietnam or Russia.
2. Applicants must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an
excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or
expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of their
university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll
in the University of Tokyo.
3. Applicants must be under the age of 35 on April 1, 2018.
4. In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as
a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter “Research
Student”), from the University of Tokyo and be registered as a Research
Student for April 2018 or October 2018.
However, the applicant may enroll directly as a master’s course student of
some graduate schools in the University of Tokyo. In that case, the applicant
must be able to obtain approval of enrollment from the University of Tokyo
and be registered as a master’s course student for Apr 2018 or Oct 2018.
5. Applicants must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is
required in order to research and study in a master’s course, when enrolling
as a master’s course student of the University of Tokyo.
6. Applicants must apply from the above 6 countries and be able to attend
selection procedures when necessary.
7. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong
motivation for learning.
8. Applicants must not be receiving other scholarships.
Would you like to receive updates when scholarships like this one open? Be the first to apply the next time a scholarship opens up!