|PMR students allowed to take Vocational Training|
|Posted: 03 October 2012|
Other related news:
College Admissions for Engineering and Vocational Education 2013 now Open
- Secondary school students in selected institutions can sign up for the National Dual Training System (SLDN) after their Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR).
- “The enrolment of students in the programme is expected to reach 15,000 by next year,'' said Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin at SM Vokasional Kajang yesterday.
- Previously, secondary school students who were interested in vocational training would have to wait until after their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
- Muhyiddin added that the programme comprised a 70% practical component with host companies and 30% training at the educational institutions.
- Currently, it is only available at three vocational institutions located here, in Sungai Buloh and Batu Pahat.
- The programme will be extended to all 79 vocational colleges in stages by next year.
- The SLDN, which is a collaborative programme with the Human Resources Ministry, will see courses offered in up to 53 fields.
- Muhyiddin, who is also Education Minister, said the initiative was in line with the 10th Malaysia Plan and was crucial if the country were to produce highly-skilled workers.
|Leave Comments. Your comments will appear on your wall, please be mindful of what you are posting.|
| || |
| ||Back to News Page|
| More News|
| - Polytechnic’s diploma graduates can pursue degree courses at Curtin University, Sarawak|
| - Nilai U Info Week happening 19-23 January!|
| - ICOM Open Day this 24 January!|
| - English will become a must-pass subject in SPM by 2016|
| - Application for distance education at USM academic session 2015/2016 is now open|
| - IPB offers scholarship to SPM leavers affected by floods|
| - Malaysia needs more exercise therapists|
| - Ministry of Education holds educational event for SPM leavers this 10 January|
| - Application for admission into Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) 2015/2016 is open|
| - UPU application for IPTA session 2015/2016 will be open this 19 January|