|Students encouraged to take on specialised courses|
|Posted: 16 August 2012|
- Great opportunities await for students specialising in Islamic Banking, Energy Management, Franchising and Supply Chain Management, Embedded System Design and Engineering, Telecommunication and Mobile Engineering, Internet Security, Micro Electronics, Virology, Biotechnology and Biomedical Sciences.
- The country will need more specialists as it goes forward to becoming a high-income economy.
- Syed Abidi, educationist and CEO of the Falcon Education and Consultancy Services, has advised students to focus on niche areas and specialisation instead of traditional courses. He was speaking at a seminar “Choosing a Career Study Opportunities abroad and scholarships” at the Professionals’ Academy of Commerce (PAC) at Garden Town campus, yesterday.
- Besides securing rewarding careers in the future, students have better access to scholarships and even opportunities to study abroad.
- He said that most scholarships go unclaimed due to students’ lack of awareness. He then encourages students to explore all opportunities available to them.
- Moreover, he encouraged students to consider taking formal English language certifications to make them an edge amongst their peers.