|ICT professionals can expect 9% rise in wages|
|Posted: 23 May 2012|
- National ICT Association of Malaysia (Pikom) expects a 5% increase in an ICT professional’s average salary in 2012, to RM6800 a month.
- The demand for ICT professionals in the country is growing and ICT jobs are in higher demand such as software development managers, lead software developers, Unix specialists, senior system engineers, IT managers, websphere application developers, system engineers, network administrators and helpdesk analysts.
- There is also growing demand on project management, business process improvement and quality improvement.
- Average salary rose 10.9% to RM6280 in 2011 while average entry-level had a significant rise from a minimum of RM1800 to RM2238.
- However, the ICT industry still lags behind industries in terms of salary such as oil and gas and telecommunications.
- On-going collaboration between academia and industry is critical to narrow the gap between supply and demand.