|Three Public Universities to form their own IPTS|
|Posted: 03 May 2012|
- Three local IPTAs will soon establish IPTSs in order to get some income and reduce their dependence towards the government.
- University of Malaya (UM), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) will be forming universities whilst Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) will form a private college.
- Deputy Minister of Higher Education Datuk Dr Hou Kok Chung announced that the three universities have received approval from the government and the establishment of the institutions will be done along with some 25 overseas institutions which have expressed interest to start up their branches locally.
- The institutions will be registered under the Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996 (Act. 555), but there will be additional conditions
- Basically, IPTAs interested to form their own IPTSs need to establish a subsidiary for the purpose of running the educational service operations.
- The institution also cannot be funded using any yearly management grants, IPTA development allocations, research grants or any government source
- Operations of the IPTS also has to be totally disconnected from the IPTA’s operations, need to be conducted off-campus and cannot use any of the IPTA facilities.
- Datuk Dr Hou Kok Chung added that they can still use the same model as the IPTA, only they have to be run separately by their own company and management
- For monitoring purposes, he said that the IPTS have to submit annual reports to its respective IPTA’s Board of Directors
|Leave Comments. Your comments will appear on your wall, please be mindful of what you are posting.|
| || |
| ||Back to News Page|
| More News|
| - Taylor’s University Receives Ministry of Higher Education’s Highest D-SETARA Rating|
| - Course fees of civil engineering courses in Malaysia 2013|
| - Universiti Malaysia Sabah to set up hospital soon|
| - Universiti Malaya appears in QS World University Rankings for Electrical/Electronic and Chemical Engineering|
| - National Service Trainees can delay Form 6 registration|
| - Future finance leaders to come from Malaysia and other super hub cities|
| - Perdana University names new VC|
| - MUET results out on May 6|
| - Form 6/STPM classes to begin 8 May|
| - 1,500 Indian students to take matriculation for 2013/2014 intake|