JPA Sponsorship for Universiti Perdana-Royal College of Surgeons Ireland ProgrammeJuly 17, 2017
Applications are invited from candidates nominated by Universiti Perdana under the Universiti Perdana- Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (UP-RCSI) programme to apply for sponsorship from the JPA/PSD in the form of a convertible loan.
- Malaysian Citizen
- Age not exceeding 22 years in the year of application
- Mother and / or father and / or family member are not blacklisted by PSD or currently undergoing legal action from the PSD;
- Of good health and not suffering from any critical illnesses And
- Have a Full Certificate of Education Malaysia (SPM) / SPMV To qualify for appointment to the Public Service.
Has received a conditional offer from the Universiti Perdana or currently enrolled in the UP-RCSI programme with the remaining study period NOT less than 1 year.
Fulfills the academic requirements specified such as the following:
Minimum ABB in the following subjects
- Physics or Mathematics.
Basic Qualifications / Matriculation / High Certificate
Malaysian Education (STPM) / Diploma (Science)
At least Average Rating Grade Cumulative (CGPA) of 3.50 and above the includes any of the following subjects:
- Physics or Mathematics.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
Earned at least 34 points (notIncluding bonus points) for the IB program.
Eligibility for Current Students at UP-RCSI
Graduated previous years without previously having to repeat any years of study
Fulfill the English test as follows
- at least Band 4 of MUET; Or
- the minimum TOEFL score as follows:
- 475 points for written test; Or
- 250 points for computer tests; Or
- 100 points for tests based on the Internet Based Test (IBT); Or
- at least Band 6.5 for the IELTS test.
How It Works
Successful candidates are offered sponsorship under this program and agree to be sponsored by PSD, subject to the terms of the bond. PSD agreement is as follows:
- The loan will be converted to a scholarship and students will be exempt from paying it back should they serve in the JPA
- Repayment of 25% of the total borrowings if student chosoes to work with a Government Owned COmpany (GLC)
- Repayment of 50% of the total loan amount if student works with a private company within the country
- If scenario is other than the above, students are required repay the full value of the loan.
How to apply
Students who have been selected by Universiti Perdana are asked to fill out their eprofiling profiles at http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my. You have until July 19, 2017 to do so.
Questions about sponsorship programs and technical issues can be Made by calling 03-8885 3049 (5 lines) on working days from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Click here to view the JPA Dermasiswa B40
Click here to view Scholarships for Malaysian (JUly 2017)
Click here to check your KADS1M Application Status Now