Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) is the Public Service Department of Malaysia. Its main role is to plan, develop and manage human resources in terms of professionalism, integrity and technology and to ensure Public Service excellence. It basically develops policies, strategies and manages public agencies and human resources.
Every year up to 2011, JPA has offered both local and overseas scholarships for deserving SPM school leavers. However, an announcement was made in 2011 that scholarships will no longer be given to SPM students, but to pre-university students who wish to continue with their first degree.
- Maintain good academic results and at the same time, are active in co-curricular activities (well-rounded)
- Have good leadership skills and are good at teamwork
- Are bright, talented and hardworking
- Are not suffering from any critical illnesses, eg: Hepatitis, AIDs, HIV etc.
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology/ Computer Science/ ICT
- Pure Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Economics, Business Administration, Finance
- Islamic Economics, Islamic Business Administration, Islamic Finance
Tel: 03-8885 3436/ 3892/ 3564
Fax: 03- 8889 2172