4 Prestigious postgraduate scholarships for EVERYONEJuly 19, 2016
There is no denying the fact that The United Kingdom and the US are world leaders in academia, research, and unique fields of study. Many countries like the young nation of Malaysia aspire to get to that level.
Many people seek every opportunity to get to study at an elite institution. However, the cost of study, cost of living and admission standards are major challenges that restrict students from attending such universities.
If you have the talent, the right academic quality suitable for such institutions, the must have work experience, and the love for the desired field, we have good news for you.
The following is a list of scholarships offered to people with unique qualities to study at an elite university:
1. Rhodes scholarship, UK
Institution: The University of Oxford
- Offered to all students from different countries and backgrounds
- Solid academic record
- An avid interest in Extra-Curricular Activities
- Submit 5 – 8 recommendation letters from credible sources
- A convincing personal statement to explain why you deserve this scholarship
- A complete record of your personal achievements and experiences
Age limit: 18 – 28 years old
Scholarship covers: Tuition fees, allowance, and airfare
Deadline: July 31, 2016
2. Chevening scholarship, UK
Institution: Non specific
Candidates are evaluated based on leadership potential, networking/communication skills, and your plans to contribute to your home country and how your study plans fit in your future plans. The panel in charge of awarding this scholarships seek individuals who are highly motivated to hold a position of leadership in their community within a 10 year time-frame from acceptance. Applicants must have minimum three years of work experience.
Age limit: 21 – 35 years old
Scholarship covers: Tuition fees, living expenses, allowance, and travel expenses
Deadline: November 2016
3. Fulbright scholarship, US
Founded in 1946, this scholarship provides 8,000 grants annually for those who intent to study in the US and have the required qualifications.
- Applicants for this scholarship need to have detailed plan for their future
- Applicants need to have minimum 2 years residency in home country
- Rigid personal statement
- Top class academic record
- Demonstrable passion for the selected field of study
- Research proposal
Age limit: 21 to 29 years old
Scholarship covers: various expenses depending on the research and field of study
Deadline: October, 2016
4. Gates Cambridge scholarship, UK
Institution: Cambridge University
Provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation for students from outside of the UK to pursue masters and doctoral studies.
- Strong academic record and suitable for Cambridge academic environment
- Leadership experience
- Desire to help others
Age limit: No Limit
Scholarship covers: Tuition fees, living expenses and airfare
Deadline: December 7th, 2016