Institutions recognized by Malaysian Dental CouncilJanuary 06, 2016
SPM/STPM leavers who dream to become dentists and dental surgeons are certainly wondering which university/institutions offer quality education. This feature lists the institutions of higher education that are recognized by Malaysian Dental Council (MDC).
MDC holds the responsibility to uphold and maintain professional standards and ethics in the practice of dentistry, give recognition for Dental Degrees, register Dental Practitioners in Malaysia, issue Annual Practising Certificates and Temporary Practising Certificates and exercise disciplinary jurisdiction over registered practitioners.
Public universities approved by Malaysian Dental Council are:
1. Universiti Malaya (UM)
2. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
3. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
4. Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
5. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia(UIA)
6. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
Private Institutions approved by Malaysian Dental Council are:
1. AIMST University
2. Penang International Dental College (PIDC)
3. MAHSA University College
4. International Medical University (IMU)
5. Melaka-Manipal Medical College (MMMC)
View the institutions that offer Dental Surgery.
View the course description for Dentistry course.