- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) is one of the premier universities in Malaysia established by the UTAR Education Foundation, a non-profit organisation. Its mission is to provide quality education to all and serve a large number of the populace.
- The University has two campuses; the UTAR Kampar Campus in Perak and the UTAR Sungai Long Campus in Kajang, Selangor. UTAR is supported by 9 Faculties, 3 Institutes and 3 Centres. In addition, UTAR has 28 Research Centres with the UTAR Global Research Network.
- UTAR offers more than 110 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes which are approved by MOHE and almost all obtained full accreditation status from MQA.
- UTAR graduates enjoy an employability rate of 97% within six months of graduation.
- UTAR collaborates with more than 100 universities from over 20 economies to support student/staff exchanges, study tours, internships, research and development and much more.
Awards and Rankings
Top 120 in Times Higher Education Asia University Ranking 2017; Top 2 among all Malaysian Universities.
Top 300 University in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2016
Tier 5 (Excellent) University under the Rating System for Malaysia Higher Education Institutions (SETARA ’13)
Tier 5 (Excellent) status under the Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA) for Engineering
UTAR Kampar campus won the Perubahan Akitek Malaysia (PAM) Gold Award 2013 in Education Category