- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) was established in 2002 and is a private university owned by the UTAR Education Foundation, a non-profit organisation.
- With the first intake of only 411 students in its Petaling Jaya campus in 2002, the University’s enrolment has now reached 26,000 students with campuses located in Kampar, Perak and Bandar Sungai Long, Selangor.
- The university currently offers more than 110 academic programmes from Foundation Studies to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD degrees from Accounting to Health Sciences.
- The programme is offered to more than 26,000 students in its nine faculties, three institutes and three centres located in Sungai Long and the main campus in Kampar.
- The employability of its 45,000 over graduates exceeds 97 percent within six months after graduation.
Awards and Rankings
Tier 5 (Excellent) University under the Rating System for Malaysia Higher Education Institutions (SETARA ’13)
Tier 5 (Excellent) status under the Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA) for Engineering
Top 300 University in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2016
UTAR Kampar Campus won the Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia (PAM) Gold Award 2013 in the Education Category